Free download from Avira.com - How much crap gets installed?

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
We'll see how good or bad it is when he starts testing it in the Malware Hub and it gets bypassed daily lol.
i replaced the VM to Vipre, I dont see a point in testing Avira. Any fresh malware will bypass it since there are no sigs on it
and ransomware...

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Behavioural analysis (suspicious application behaviour) and cloud analysis (suspicious patterns). It does have behavioural analysis it's just incredibly weak from what I've seen:
but there is no way to test a ransomware that has already a signature, since you can't disable realtime protection and there is no option to ignore sigs, that is my issue here.

enabling realtime will instantly delete the executable i want to test during execution..

but there is no way to test a ransomware that has already a signature, since you can't disable realtime protection and there is no option to ignore sigs, that is my issue here.

enabling realtime will instantly delete the executable i want to test during execution..
Yeah, as far as I'm aware all the modules are linked to real-time protection so you're screwed if you just wanted to test its proactive components.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Yeah, as far as I'm aware all the modules are linked to real-time protection so you're screwed if you just wanted to test its proactive components.
if there is gonna be posted some low VT detected ransomware sample here, i will clone my VM and try it with Avira.
but i'm not gonna try old samples that every AV has signatures for.

so far I could disable signature based modules in every AV i tested, except Avira.

if there is gonna be posted some low VT detected ransomware sample here, i will clone my VM and try it with Avira.
but i'm not gonna try old samples that every AV has signatures for.

so far I could disable signature based modules in every AV i tested, except Avira.
You'll have to wait for the next batch of samples and check the VT results to see how many of them are detected by Avira's sigs. Then you'll have to judge whether you feel it's worth your time or not to test it.

Xsjx

Level 13
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Avira
Last edited by a moderator: