• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Free Download Manager 5.1.9 Beta Released

I guess its stable enough to use thats why it now features on the official website.

Here is the info from site admin -
"Dear all!

Our team is excited to inform you about the release of Free Download Manager 5.1.9 beta.

We did our best to bring you a brand-new version of FDM with improved stability and performance. This version is fully compatible with Windows and Mac OS X, provides fast YouTube downloads and features a powerful torrent client. Now you can enjoy a more easy-to-navigate interface that supports efficient interaction with the core, which eventually results in lower CPU and memory consumption. Also, you have the option to take advantage of Internet Explorer integration and experimental support of Microsoft Edge. The new 'Snail mode' will allow you to get files at low speeds without closing any connections, whereas the file space preallocation feature should greatly facilitate downloading of large files.

We'd like to thank all the users who helped us improve our FDM client by submitting feedback and feature suggestions. Your participation is very important to the overall functionality and efficiency of our client, and we plan to add even more features in future releases.

So, don't wait anymore, download the new FDM 5.1.9 beta and share your constructive feedback on our forum!".

Home - Free Download Manager - download everything from the internet
Download Page - Free Download Manager for Windows and Mac OS X | Download

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I wonder when the version 5.xx going to get out of beta. Its been so many years. :(

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@jogs: They have indeed a slow update process, but the assurance where its releasing the road map meets however unpredictable.

Usually the release came for years perhaps because of important purposes.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Guys,

I guess previous V5 alpha that was in testing for long was different & aborted.

This V5 with totally new GUI progressed from technical preview to beta & now stable enough beta in a good time.

I think in couple of months stable V5 will be out.

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.