Not open for further replies.

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
The program gives tips and tricks on how internet users can protect their system against attacks by local security holes

IT security manufacturer G DATA has released a free scanner that checks the system for the Meltdown and Spectre security holes. When they come across a hole, internet users are given tips on how to ward off the attack scenarios.

Meltdown_Spectre_Scanner_81058w1155h550.png

Meltdown and Spectre are the names of the PC vulnerabilities

The Meltdown and Spectre Scanner searching for vulnerabilities of the Computer
Computers protected with good IT security software are equipped to stave off cyberattacks from the Internet. A good antivirus product also protects scrupulously against offline attacks, such as infected USB sticks or other peripheral hardware connected to the computer. G DATA provides a free scanner that can be downloaded by users to keep them safe against the latest Meltdown and Spectre attack scenarios. But what exactly does the program do?

The scanner queries important computer parameters and settings, for example:

• whether recent Microsoft updates are installed;
  • which computer processor is installed, and whether it is affected by the security holes;
  • which operating system is used on the computer;
  • whether safety-critical BIOS settings have been made;
  • whether a verified antivirus product compatible with the new Microsoft patch is installed.
After completing the test, the free scanner from G DATA gives tips on possible improvements. Internet users should therefore immediately apply the specified security measures from the scan program to ensure that the system continues to enjoy effective protection.

The free G DATA Meltdown & Spectre Scanner can be downloaded directly from the G DATA website.

Full article: G DATA scanner detects Meltdown and Spectre security holes

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
The program gives tips and tricks on how internet users can protect their system against attacks by local security holes

IT security manufacturer G DATA has released a free scanner that checks the system for the Meltdown and Spectre security holes. When they come across a hole, internet users are given tips on how to ward off the attack scenarios.

Meltdown_Spectre_Scanner_81058w1155h550.png

Meltdown and Spectre are the names of the PC vulnerabilities

The Meltdown and Spectre Scanner searching for vulnerabilities of the Computer
Computers protected with good IT security software are equipped to stave off cyberattacks from the Internet. A good antivirus product also protects scrupulously against offline attacks, such as infected USB sticks or other peripheral hardware connected to the computer. G DATA provides a free scanner that can be downloaded by users to keep them safe against the latest Meltdown and Spectre attack scenarios. But what exactly does the program do?

The scanner queries important computer parameters and settings, for example:

• whether recent Microsoft updates are installed;
  • which computer processor is installed, and whether it is affected by the security holes;
  • which operating system is used on the computer;
  • whether safety-critical BIOS settings have been made;
  • whether a verified antivirus product compatible with the new Microsoft patch is installed.
After completing the test, the free scanner from G DATA gives tips on possible improvements. Internet users should therefore immediately apply the specified security measures from the scan program to ensure that the system continues to enjoy effective protection.

The free G DATA Meltdown & Spectre Scanner can be downloaded directly from the G DATA website.

Full article: G DATA scanner detects Meltdown and Spectre security holes
Go Safe .. Go Safer ..G DATA
Trust in German Sicherheit :cool:

Tsiehshi

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Go Safe .. Go Safer ..G DATA
Trust in German Sicherheit :cool:
TBH that "Made in Germany" cliché makes me cringe. I hate has-been companies trying to live off of the good reputation they once rightfully earned without offering any stand-out stuff anymore. I find a lot of German companies in the high-tech sector like their car companies (for forming an alliance helping each other cheat, and having very poor results in reliability rankings contrary to popular belief) particularly guilty of that. IMO their overthinking and overengineering tendencies do little other than introduce more stuff that can break down especially in high-tech products and software. There's good German software like TeamViewer, Cygwin and good programmers on Github, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
TBH that "Made in Germany" cliché makes me cringe. I hate has-been companies trying to live off of the good reputation they once rightfully earned without offering any stand-out stuff anymore. I find a lot of German companies in the high-tech sector like their car companies (for forming an alliance helping each other cheat, and having very poor results in reliability rankings contrary to popular belief) particularly guilty of that. IMO their overthinking and overengineering tendencies do little other than introduce more stuff that can break down especially in high-tech products and software. There are good German software like TeamViewer, but they're the exception rather than the rule.
German Brand tag always caters users attention in any of the Sophiscated Fields...and are most successful than any others
For ex :-
Solitaire (German)-Television(1950)..One of the finest and Crystal Clarity Picture inside..though closed now..Running in our home with the Same MILEAGE...Natural pictures with Vivid clarity
Bosch(German) - Most successfull German emperor in Domestic Appliances Market as well as Automotive Spares
G DATA -
Nothing to Say...They are always good in new innovations apart from others
DoubleScan technology & OutbreakShield...:)
Respects Users Privacy most

Quality always DWELLS
in German Engineering:)

Reactions: Faybert
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

German Brand tag always caters users attention in any of the Sophiscated Fields...and are most successful than any others
For ex :-
Solitaire (German)-Television(1950)..One of the finest and Crystal Clarity Picture inside..though closed now..Running in our home with the Same MILEAGE...Natural pictures with Vivid clarity
Bosch(German) - Most successfull German emperor in Domestic Appliances Market as well as Automotive Spares
G DATA -
Nothing to Say...They are always good in new innovations apart from others
DoubleScan technology & OutbreakShield...:)
Respects Users Privacy most

Quality always DWELLS
in German Engineering:)

I was reading just yesterday about a tank the Germans made during WWII that so big and heavy they could not use it. N roads would support it lol
I I can find the article , I will post it. It was about a bunch of different things made from all over that never saw the light of day.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I was reading just yesterday about a tank the Germans made during WWII that so big and heavy they could not use it. N roads would support it lol
I I can find the article , I will post it. It was about a bunch of different things made from all over that never saw the light of day.
Just One thing : German Brands stand on what they say (mostly) and never sue users at any cost..respect USER PRIVACY the most..
and that is what matters me
TRUST G DATA

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Just One thing : German Brands stand on what they say (mostly) and never sue users at any cost..respect USER PRIVACY the most..
and that is what matters me
TRUST G DATA
THey never Boast or never fall for 100% detections...always says MAXIMUM Security..
Honesty in what they do:)
Their Security Labs always reply back for any submitted samples...
So what else is required for me..
Its an ALL IN ONE

Reactions: Andrew999
D

Deleted member 65228

THey never Boast or never fall for 100% detections...always says MAXIMUM Security..
In the eyes of marketing, they both mean the same thing. The intention is to make the viewer believe that the product is "the best" and will always perform "the best" no matter what. Of course this isn't the case in reality though.

It's just marketing.

Reactions: Tsiehshi

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I
Less-confident users can try GRC | InSpectre which is only 125KB compared to G-Data's 750KB. Results should be the same as inputting the commands into Windows PowerShell method.

Avira - German-engineered AV
I have never supported avira and ever will...(Dynamic)
But at least they are pioneered one side SIGNATURES..(Top Class Independent)..with unbeatable Cloud (Huawei Gateway)...Avira Capabilities are trusted by HUaWEI...so u may ask them for any queries
See Germans are at least specific in one path..Avira proves this..
One of the Best in Class repair capable...
But there are worst PUA in name of AV out there..Buying the awards..
May I need to specify names..? U know the ans I think..
Any questions are welcome#..
I don't simply speak..or trash..I do have evidences for what I speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.