• Lastpass

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Bitwarden

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Total voters

guarana

What makes you think that? They have AES-256-Bit-encryption with PBKDF2 SHA-256 and Salted Hashes. Plus MFA. Of course they are not FOSS, but they have millions of customers and they would risk their business and the entire industrys business model if something goes wrong. To date they did not have a successful compromise.

Threadripper

Level 8

Umbra

Level 26
Verified
What makes you think that? They have AES-256-Bit-encryption with PBKDF2 SHA-256 and Salted Hashes. Plus MFA. Of course they are not FOSS,
Being a main player Lastpass is the most targeted one, and sadly it's servers are breached way too many times to my taste.
And we only know the disclosed ones.

but they have millions of customers and they would risk their business and the entire industrys business model if something goes wrong.
This argument means nothing, Windows is used by billions, still the most vulnerable OS.

To date they did not have a successful compromise.
Plenty lol, you are under-informed, I ditched Lastpass for bitwarden especially because of that.

Thales

Level 6
I love BitWarden and I will renew my subscription in January.
The only thing I don't like is the short 1 sec delay when I click on the extension icon. However I use shortcuts, so it is not a big problem but it could be better without the delay. Also, I would appreciate a little login button/icon like in Dashlane or Lastpass
Untitled.png

Alexhousek

Level 1
I love BitWarden and I will renew my subscription in January.
The only thing I don't like is the short 1 sec delay when I click on the extension icon. However I use shortcuts, so it is not a big problem but it could be better without the delay. Also, I would appreciate a little login button/icon like in Dashlane or Lastpass
View attachment 231108
I have been a Lastpass user for many years. However, I've become intrigued by the number of people who are bragging about BitWarden and who seem to really like it. I have not yet tried it. So, your post makes me wonder how you log into a website if you don't have a "login button/icon" using BitWarden? I'm so used to that little guy being there that I'm sure that I would miss him.... ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 24
Verified
Hope you don't use Lastpass since 2015:
The investigation has shown, however, that LastPass account email addresses, password reminders, server per user salts, and authentication hashes were compromised.
I was a Lastpass user then and not anymore.

patoli

Level 1
I am new to password managers and started using Bitwarden.

HOwever, I am still not sure why it is safer to keep the password in the cloud with a company (that can be hacked) vs a .txt file in your computer that if you are careful, you will not be hacked.

Plus, if they stole your master password, they have everything

carsten ibsen

Level 23
Verified
I voted Lastpass because it is easy for me to navigate around in & never have I had a single problem, I have used Lastpass paid, Lastpass Family & Lastpass Free.
I do not know any other password managers(I have been a LastPass Costumer for almost 4 years) Ohh Sh.. has it been that long maybe I should try something new. :love:

geminis3

Level 4
Verified
I am new to password managers and started using Bitwarden.

HOwever, I am still not sure why it is safer to keep the password in the cloud with a company (that can be hacked) vs a .txt file in your computer that if you are careful, you will not be hacked.

I've been using Bitwarden for 2-3 years (I don't remember exactly) and never been hacked or something. It's actually more dangerous to store your passwords on a txt file that can easily be stolen or encrypted by a ransomware.

patoli

Level 1
I've been using Bitwarden for 2-3 years (I don't remember exactly) and never been hacked or something. It's actually more dangerous to store your passwords on a txt file that can easily be stolen or encrypted by a ransomware.
My worry is: who will get hacked sooner: me or the password manager?

Umbra

Level 26
Verified
Wow guys, please, do some research.

I have not yet tried it. So, your post makes me wonder how you log into a website if you don't have a "login button/icon" using BitWarden? I'm so used to that little guy being there that I'm sure that I would miss him.... ;)
You have an icon for the extension in the browser, exactly like Lastpass. It even shows you how many credentials stored you have for a site...just click on the wanted credentials and it fills the login box.

Your passwords are encrypted locally then uploaded encrypted. So they can't read them nor the attackers.

Bitwarden does not store your passwords. Bitwarden stores encrypted versions of your passwords that only you can unlock. Your sensitive information is encrypted locally on your personal device before ever being sent to our cloud servers.
Also bitwarden being open source it can be audited by everyone, and was audited.

Bitwarden even allow you to not use their cloud, you can make your own private bitwarden cloud.

Last edited: