Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I found out, that Easy File Locker (EFL) can be a good companion security layer to default deny Software Restriction Policies (SRP). If SRP are bypassed, then EFL can still protect personal files. Furthermore, many users whitelist some folders in SRP, for example the folder with portable applications. Those folders are mostly writable for all applications, so potentially can be used to bypass SRP. In well updated system (Windows Updates + Software Updates) the danger is very low, but still exists. The EFL can secure this small loophole.
If the portable application has to write the config file in the protected folder, it can be done, when using Exception Applications option.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
it has been proven to be average at best
appcheck free can do a much better job
Agreed, AppCheck is better than Cybereason RansomFree. BTW, I'm currently running Eset Internet Security, do i need AppCheck ?

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
What do you guys feel would be needed to compliment Emsisoft Internet Security? Or is that alone enough?

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
I think it's enough, Emsisoft behaviour blocker is strong and you don't need additional anti-ransomware software.

Thanks I thought so as well. However I am new to the product so just wanted to double check.

Cheers!

Reactions: Syafiq

71Hemi

Level 2
Verified
Dec 12, 2015
@
Windows_Security

Just a quick question, do you know if RansomOff with
MBR protection would play nice with Faronics Deep Freeze? Thanks for your time and consideration!

Reactions: Syafiq
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.