Future EAM/EIS Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hello,

The future changes I mention below are openly stated on the Emsisoft forum:

Full scans will require an additional step (as they are a "colossal waste of time" ... and resources) and be removed from the main scan profiles.

After initial installation scan, File Guard does a mighty fine job of protecting the system.

Paranoid mode will be eliminated.

Paranoid mode is a relic of when Emsi used to "aggressively white-list apps."

Community-based alert reduction configurability will change...or its configuration will be fixed.

The Anti-Malware Network has become powerful enough that in "99.9% of cases the [AMN query/auto-quarantine] process is automated."

Ability to disable Behavior Blocker categories will be removed.

In most of the cases where infections have been reported, the user messed with the BB settings.

There will be improvements in scan scheduling.

In my estimation based upon using the products, each one eliminates things that the user doesn't really need...even an advanced user. Such changes will make already solid products even better.

I only use Full Scans after testing malware and I do not schedule scans. Why? File Guard does its job as Emsi states it will.

I think the above changes will definitely further simplify both products...thereby making them even more user friendly.

Emsi does not provide ETAs on changes.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I love Emsisoft, why are they removing paranoid mode? They certainly have an excellent product, and for a relatively small company offer great protection.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Emsisoft is great all the way around - software, forum, support and team.

What I use and recommend:

EIS + Shadow Defender + Quarri POQ (EIS is better suited to novice)

or

EAM + BiniSoft Windows Firewall Control + Shadow Defender + Quarri POQ (WFC is better suited to experienced user)

What is: Quarri POQ and where I can found it?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Quarri MyPOQ: https://www.quarri.com/products/mypoq/

Create account by selecting My POQ in upper-right corner.

NOTE: There are known issues in W8.1 with WWAHost.exe and Windowslivecommunication where either will cause the POQ session to end abruptly.
Quarri is working on it.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I love Emsisoft, why are they removing paranoid mode? They certainly have an excellent product, and for a relatively small company offer great protection.

I think with Paranoid Mode enabled BB alerts to legitimate apps - like Internet Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.