G Data 2013 Will Be Available In April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

Thread author
Jan 14, 2012
http://www.gdata.de/ueber-g-data/pressecenter/pressemeldungen/news-details/article/2635-bestens-geschuetzt-mit-der-g.html

powered by google translate

Bochum, 06 March 2012
Computer viruses are always short-lived and average every 12 seconds, a new virus, worm or Trojan. A pure signature-based malware detection ranges because not enough. The new G DATA Security-Generation 2013, the Bochum manufacturer uses only the best proactive technology "Made in Germany". Which means the unique G Data Bank stops Guard technology for secure online banking transactions, the dangerous malware in real time, independent of signatures and cyber bank robbers can not stand a chance. In addition, the G Data WebCloud blocks dangerous websites before they reach the browser. In addition, the security solutions are characterized by their usual perfect malicious code detection - and without slowing down your PC. G DATA AntiVirus 2013 G DATA Internet Security 2013 G DATA Total Protection 2013, in the first week of April delivered in Germany, Austria and Switzerland to the trade.

Features of the G Data 2013
Perfect virus detection by the combination of two virus engines
Conservation of resources through Fingerpring and idle scan of the system inactivity
Safe online banking using the latest technology, Bank Guard
Surf protection: G Data WebCloud blocks dangerous websites
E-mail protection: Infected messages are immediately detected and disposed
Behavior test: detects suspicious behavior by pests
Hourly updates can be no chance of new threats
Rescue Disk to clean already infected systems
24-hour service center for questions or technical problems
In addition, G Data Internet Security 2013: Silent firewall without annoying querying, antispam and parental control
In addition to the features of Internet Security - at G Data Total Protection 2013: Backup to

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This is a product that I'm surely going to test. I used it once last year and I was very impressed with it's performance and how it detected the malware that I threw at it. Would be interesting to see if anything else has changed.

blackhole

Mar 25, 2012
McLovin said:
This is a product that I'm surely going to test. I used it once last year and I was very impressed with it's performance and how it detected the malware that I threw at it. Would be interesting to see if anything else has changed.
I had gdata is 2012 for a few days on my laptop last year. It was a huge resource hog! Grew tired of it real quick! Hope for them , they have made big improvements in that field! Anyone experience with that?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
blackhole said:
I had gdata is 2012 for a few days on my laptop last year. It was a huge resource hog! Grew tired of it real quick! Hope for them , they have made big improvements in that field! Anyone experience with that?

That's kinda odd because I didn't have any issues when I installed it and it was not a resource hog on my machine. Not sure what happened there. It may have also been a resource hog because of the 2 virus engines that it has to download and keep up to date. Normal AV's don't have that they normally have one or they are through the cloud, which should be even lighter. That would be something that I would wont to see is cloud technology from them and by the 2 AV engines that it has. I'm not sure but I think it has Bitdefender and Avast as it's virus engine, correct me if I'm wrong.

blackhole

Mar 25, 2012
Mclovin you are spot on on that one : it indeed uses the bitdefender and avast engine :) i am not the only one , who complains about the lagging on the system! At a german security forum there where also a lot of users complaining about the impact it has on some systems. I feel pitty for coranti users : this one uses four different engines , if i am not mistaken!

P

Plexx

I am staring at the website, staring at the download speed and thinking: Why on earth is: Data AntiVirus 2013 - AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiRootkit, AntiDialer, AntiPhishing 341 mb
G Data InternetSecurity 2013 - AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiRootkit, AntiDialer, Firewall, AntiSpam, AntiPhishing, Parental controls 353 mb
G Data TotalProtection 2013 - AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiRootkit, AntiDialer, Firewall, AntiSpam, AntiPhishing, Parental controls, System tuning 411 mb

This is by far the biggest product I have came across.
Nevertheless I am downloading the AV to test out since one of my friends was thinking of buying.

By the speed of my internet, download should be ready in about 1 hour then gather stuff etc, should have results by tonight

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
G-Data may include definition files in the installer.

My AVG Internet Security 2013 was about 116MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.