Like the last few years, G Data will probably start the beta phase in December / January. This is nothing new. Since the last version there are only version numbers (25.xxx) and product-related names (AV, IS, TP). No longer 2015 or 2016, etc.
Good question. Initially I thought it was due part of yearly releases. However, now I believe it's working in a pattern similar to Chromium's rapid release cycle, but not as often. Why should GData customers wait ~12 months before a major upgrade.
Don't take my word for it, as I may be incorrect. But I do think, more vendors / developers are making the shift -- not all.
BETA G DATA SECURITY V26
There are various optimizations and technical changes in the various protection modules.
- USB Keyboard Guard: Protection against devices which log in as keyboard on the system (BadUSB)
- Plugin Cleaner: Disabled / removes unwanted browser extensions and toolbars
- Parental Control: fragFINN integration and SSL lock (fragFINN => Search engine for kids)
- Connection Manager: Update behavior of mobile connections
- Behavior Monitoring: Optional autopilot to reduce demands
- Keylogger Protection: Custom activated for any applications
- BankGuard / Exploit Protection: Display of active applications protected
G Data driver for Early Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM)
Plugin Cleaner: Improvements and UI adjustments
Backup: Various bug fixes
Web Protection: Various optimizations
Keylogger Protection: Bug fixes
Exploit Protection: False positive reduction
BankGuard: Stability enhancements and false positive reduction
USB Keyboard Guard: Expansion of managed devices information, after the update already shared keyboards must be unique for re-approval.
BankGuard: various optimizations
Keylogger Protection: various optimizations
Exploit Protection: various optimizations
Quarantine and disinfection: optimized workflow
Revised internal security mechanisms and various bug fixes.
- The product name of the Beta version no longer contains the designation "BETA"
- Bank Guard and Browser Cleaner optimized
- Bugfix: Problems fixed with Firefox 36.x and active Exploit Protection
- Various optimizations and bug fixes
The security solutions are available from April 2015. Try to download the version from the G Data homepage. It must be the version 22.214.171.124. Some have also report they have version 126.96.36.199 downloaded from the homepage. For me it worked.