G DATA Beta-Test 25.5.1.14

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
From now on you can use the beta channel to update the products G DATA Antivirus, Internet Security and Total Security to version 25.5.1.14.

In addition, you can download the Total Security Setup at the following link:
https://gdata-a.akamaihd.net/Q/WEB/B2C/Beta...y_25.5.1.14.exe

Access data for the update:

Username: qsea4np25506
Password: mJwWNlZ4

Changelog:

- Edge Browser Webprotection extension for Redstone 5
- Performance improvements and bug fixes

Note:
Please note that the pre-release versions offered here are software under development and therefore may contain some errors.

We therefore strongly recommend not using these beta versions on a production system!

We appreciate your feedback:
- G DATA Betatest für die Version 25.5.1.14 - Rokop Security
- beta.retail@gdata.de

Best regards,
G DATA @ rokop

From now on you can use the beta channel to update the products G DATA Antivirus, Internet Security and Total Security to version 25.5.1.14.

In addition, you can download the Total Security Setup at the following link:
https://gdata-a.akamaihd.net/Q/WEB/B2C/Beta...y_25.5.1.14.exe

Access data for the update:

Username: qsea4np25506
Password: mJwWNlZ4

Changelog:

- Edge Browser Webprotection extension for Redstone 5
- Performance improvements and bug fixes

Note:
Please note that the pre-release versions offered here are software under development and therefore may contain some errors.

We therefore strongly recommend not using these beta versions on a production system!

We appreciate your feedback:
- G DATA Betatest für die Version 25.5.1.14 - Rokop Security
- beta.retail@gdata.de

Best regards,
G DATA @ rokop

It has been taken down already.

Reactions: Eddie Morra
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Can they focus already on more important things than adding useless browser extensions, tards. New G Data VPN mimick from hotspot is what they need now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Can they focus already on more important things than adding useless browser extensions, tards. New G Data VPN mimick from hotspot is what they need now.
Browser extension is a part of BUG ..which i said already..this has been the bug around 8 yrs.They will never ever remove extension.
Their anti phishing module working superb against HTTPS sites irrespective of port monitoring.
If you want to understand what i said, just remove extension..test it at against 50/60 phishing websites
test the same list again after an hour or so..it would allow all if not most.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
According to comments and posts on his Twitter, G Data will soon present a new protection feature called Deepray:

Opera Instantâneo_2018-11-09_162216_twitter.com.pngOpera Instantâneo_2018-11-09_162239_twitter.com.pngOpera Instantâneo_2018-11-09_162310_www.rokop-security.de.png

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
At least vendor is working on something new..
how could you say it is FLOP / Copy-cat even without knowing any thing about the new protection module.
seems hilarious to me..)
Just the name match doesn't mean the module or feature is Copy-cat.
@ Faybert Any information on this new module..i seem to get no info whatsoever!

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Still do not know anything about, but I'm after more information, what I find out I update here.

A little more about: G Data #deepray
Think it is confirmed in the latest version. However not sure what it does .Downloaded beta just now.
What i think is is a secondary shield that by pass its BB and above layers ! Testing it will further insight
If free go on with the tests..try disabling few pro active modules to see if it hits to Deep ray! will check from my end as well
Deepray.PNG

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Think it is confirmed in the latest version. However not sure what it does .Downloaded beta just now.
What i think is is a secondary shield that by pass its BB and above layers ! Testing it will further insight
If free go on with the tests..try disabling few pro active modules to see if it hits to Deep ray! will check from my end as well
View attachment 201339
Just like F-Secure, G Data is taking a leap with this technology, we will wait to see its efficiency, since it was said that it is not yet ready :giggle:

Reactions: MASOUD and JB007

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Zukunft der Cybersicherheit

Today was a press conference at 11 a.m. about the new deep-ray-technology

"G DATA's security solutions are equipped with a variety of next-generation technologies. With DeepRay, 30 years of competent experience in the antivirus business are now pooling into a new technology. The self-learning system exasculates a harmful process in the first step, based on more than 150 different factors. A "Multi perceptron powered neural network ", a novel artificial intelligence, eventually conducts a risk assessment. If a critical value is reached, the process is subjected to an in-depth analysis in the second step. In the future, this technology will save valuable computer resources and prevent malicious processes from executing them."

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Seem to be still in development phase, but still a novel approach
They should invite beta testers to make them know how this technology works, at least make some videos to see Deep ray counter defense. But kudos for this next step

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.