Galaxy S10 Screen Replacement Costs Are so High, You’re Better off Buying a New Phone

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
High-end smartphones are not just expensive to buy, they can be really costly to repair too. Take the recently released Galaxy S10 series as an example. The price begins at $749 for the Galaxy 10e and goes up to $999 for the Galaxy S10 Plus and remember, the aforementioned prices are for the base models. According to the official screen repair rates released in China, it could be nearly as costly to repair the Galaxy S10 phones as their retail price.

The Galaxy S10 Series Has a New Display Technology Which Perhaps Explains Why the Repairs Are so Ridiculously High

Samsung has revealed the screen replacement prices for the Galaxy S10 series in China. For replacing the damaged screen of the Galaxy S10e, customers will have to pay 5,350 yuan or about $800. The cost will go up to 6,450 yuan or $960 for the Galaxy S10, and 7,100 yuan or $1,060 for the Galaxy S10 Plus. These rates are for the Galaxy S10 phones that are no longer covered by warranty or phones that haven’t passed the warranty period but their display was damaged because of an accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
what you said is absolutely right. I spent £239.00 on my mobile screen damage. We can buy a new mobile with this repair cost
Which mobile phone was damaged, and is it not covered under Home (contents) Insurance?

• +Reputation
Reactions: upnorth

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I never spend more than $150 on a phone. If it breaks it's cheap to replace the phone. Having said that, my previous phone is three and a half years old and still in new condition.

L

Local Host

I never spend more than $150 on a phone. If it breaks it's cheap to replace the phone. Having said that, my previous phone is three and a half years old and still in new condition.
I'm on the same boat, any phone worth more than $150 that I got is from work (still have my Lumia from work with Windows Phone kicking hard, in the mean time I already replaced 3 android phones during the same time frame).

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Not me, I want a nice phone lol. As far as screen replacement costs or whatever, that's what insurance is for. Just my $0.02

Reactions: upnorth

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Not me, I want a nice phone lol. As far as screen replacement costs or whatever, that's what insurance is for. Just my $0.02
I've got a very nice phone. It can't compte with flagships, but it is quite fast and has decent specs. But you can get phones which are just as fast as flagships for $300.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Same with IPhone X if you drop it. You might as well get a new IPhone X instead of repairing it because the price almost be the same as the new IPhone X.

Expensive things = expensive repair.

It like buying $400k luxury car and expect your repair will be under $1000.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
One of the comments said that the article made a mistake and confused Taiwan dollar with Chinese yuan. How? I don't know I can't read the writing.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Upsie, worth it.

I had Upsie on all of our phones, ended up replacing 3 screens.. Well worth the $49 for 3 years of protection.

• Wow
Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.