11. Network technology
  12. Graphics card
I would compromise at
  1. Price

McMcbrad

Level 23
Oct 16, 2020
Why did you cancel the order?
Samsung is far away in terms security and privacy compared to iOS or Pixel's with GrapheneOS.
Samsung also delays security updates for months.

You make a downgrade in all terms.
I was just lured by the hardware I guess... I got before 29th to cancel the order again and reorder iPhone 12 Pro Max... I wonder if I should do that...

pablozi

Level 27
Verified
Trusted
Jun 14, 2011
If you plan to change the phone after 1 to 2 years and you need all the bells and whistles then you can go with Samsung.
But if you'd rather keep the phone for longer then iPhone will be much better choice because of:
- major OS updates support for 5 years
- way better hardware and software integration
- no bloatware
- overall look and feel of iOS

McMcbrad

Level 23
Oct 16, 2020
If you plan to change the phone after 1 to 2 years and you need all the bells and whistles then you can go with Samsung.
But if you'd rather keep the phone for longer then iPhone will be much better choice because of:
- major OS updates support for 5 years
- way better hardware and software integration
- no bloatware
- overall look and feel of iOS
Thanks. I normally change them every year.

SeriousHoax

Level 34
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
Since you're bored with iPhone and haven't tried Android in a long time, it's worth giving Android a shot. If you like it then buy another one (or keep using it) next year or switch back to iPhone again. The best thing about Android is variety in terms of design, hardware, software and there are quite a few brands to choose from. Looks like this year Samsung has done a very good job with the S21.

McMcbrad

Level 23
Oct 16, 2020
Since you're bored with iPhone and haven't tried Android in a long time, it's worth giving Android a shot. If you like it then buy another one (or keep using it) next year or switch back to iPhone again. The best thing about Android is variety in terms of design, hardware, software and there are quite a few brands to choose from. Looks like this year Samsung has done a very good job with the S21.
I also have 14 days trial...If I don’t like it, I can return it. They are also providing me with Galaxy Buds Pro as a gift...

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
May 16, 2013
I want talk about costs BUT
- if you want productivity go for Samsung (I had a Note 10, good phone, bad processor Exynos)
- if you want a device good overall but not excel in some points go for iPhone (In my opinion had better battery life then Samsung)

BUT (off-topic)

- wait for July and buy the new Blackberry phone :love:

//I have a blackberry and an iphone, both are good but Blackberry is best on productivity: mail, battery life, calls, messages, etc.)

Googlejobbs

Jan 27, 2021
Hi guys,

I ordered iPhone 12 Pro Max few days ago, then cancelled the order and got Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

How’s Samsung software and Android nowadays? It’s been around 7 years I haven’t followed up on that.
Not a wrong choice at all. I both had the iPhone and the galaxy fold z2. The iPhone is a saver choice when you think about updates and security. But android is so much more open and mu h more fun what you can do with it and how personal you can make your phone. But they are learning from each other and I think eventually iPhone wil get there. But I work a lot in the freezer and when it's cold the Samsung battery's rules above the iPhone batteries, plus I love android auto and the way it interact with my car. That's something G you almost never hear or see in a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.