Game of Thrones Season 8

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2016
Hey guys.. So anyone here watching game of thrones? I am having issues with HBO so I am using different methods to watch Got but so far its hampering my experience. Why don't HBO releases it worldwide and why for US only? There are almost billion fans scattered around the globe! :cry:

Any GOT fans here though? So far how's the story going for you all? :)

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I don't watch it, but I think Game of Thrones is available worldwide. As far as I know, people here watch it on HBO or on-demand via HBO Go. The ones without pay TV subscription could watch it for free on the national television, dunno if it's still being aired there.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Why don't HBO releases it worldwide and why for US only?
Licencing. HBO owns the rights to GoT and licences those rights on a territory by territory basis. If HBO doesn't have a local subsidiary in a certain territory then companies have to pay to acquire those rights and, once acquired, are only then legally allowed to broadcast the series.

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2016
I don't watch it, but I think Game of Thrones is available worldwide. As far as I know, people here watch it on HBO or on-demand via HBO Go. The ones without pay TV subscription could watch it for free on the national television, dunno if it's still being aired there.

Its not being aired right now on national television. It will come later this year.

Licencing. HBO owns the rights to GoT and licences those rights on a territory by territory basis. If HBO doesn't have a local subsidiary in a certain territory then companies have to pay to acquire those rights and, once acquired, are only then legally allowed to broadcast the series.

Alrightt

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2016
I wish they made more episodes. But I'm still enjoying it.

Oh yes.. I really wish. 6 episodes are so less.. btw, this episode is going to be one of the longest. Battle between fire and ice.

Yes, can't wait to see the WhiteDragon in action! :emoji_fearful::emoji_cold_sweat::emoji_popcorn:

Dragon fights! bring it on boys :emoji_popcorn::emoji_popcorn::emoji_popcorn::emoji_popcorn::emoji_beer:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
What do you think about episode 3? Too much 'hollywood' for me. I expected way more after all the hype.

I agree. I read an interview with the cinematographer where he stated he took inspiration from Lord of the Rings battle scene in Helm's Deep. He used the ideas to keep a long 'battle scene' interesting, with the exception of the lighting which explains why the episode is so dark you can barely see what's happening. The show honestly keep feeling more like a Peter Jackson film and less like the amazing first 4 or so seasons. I enjoy a good hobbit romp, but the show barely resembles what it started as.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Reactions: uduoix and blackice

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
The show honestly keep feeling more like a Peter Jackson film and less like the amazing first 4 or so seasons. I enjoy a good hobbit romp, but the show barely resembles what it started as.

No more books :)

oldschool more main characters should die. it was like ' main caracter almost die *cut scene*.' At times it looked like i watched Schwarzenegger movie. How the hell Samwell survived? He shits pants whole battle and survive with thousands WW around him? R.R. Martin would kill half of them :)

Reactions: blackice

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.