Samsung Music
Entertainment
Samsung Video
Games
None
File and Photo backup
None, the few foto's that I take are manually copied to laptop
Notable changes
2021.04.10 filled the new fields, no changes to config.
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Android 7?

Depending on your minor version your last update is between August - October 2019 :oops:
No, it's even worse, it has the Android security patch level from 1 June 2018. :eek:
That's Samsung for you.
But it is a phone issued by my employer and I have no influence on its replacement.
On the Windows front we all got Windows 10 six months ago, so there is (some) hope.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Okay it's also a work-only phone?

Anyway, to be fair i wondering why the setup is then marked as secure & even advanced if OS is EoL with more than one year.
Thank you for getting my setup rating changed to at risk :cry:
But you are right.
It is the problem with most Android phones.
The phones live on and keep working fine, but there are no more updates coming from the manufacturer and that is an incredibly sad situation.
My personal choice of phones would be Google Pixel, Nokia (Android One) or iPhone SE.

And because it's my only smartphone I do use it for non-work (personal) related activities as well, but in a limited way because I prefer the bigger screen of my 17" laptop.
That laptop is from 2015 and easily runs the latest version of Windows 10, the only real security thing missing there is IMO a TPM chip for enabling BitLocker.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've just choked on my beer seeing you, my hero at risk - There needs to be a punishment :):):)

Attachments

• Stocks.jpg
    Stocks.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 431

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
What benefits does 360 (built-in) provide in terms of optimisation? 🤔
Probably not much like all optimization tools on Android but it's an easy all in one solution.

Device maintenance contains of four modules: Battery (info, saving and closing background apps), Storage (explorer and cache cleaner) Memory (cleaner) Security (McAfee scanner and Samsung Knox security). That app is the lovechild of Samsung, 360 and McAfee.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Stumbled over an article about the latest version of LineageOS 18.1, and also saw that version 17.1 ( Android 10 ) seems to support your phone @Gandalf_The_Grey . Maybe something that could be interesting, if you actually was allowed to own the phone yourself and do whatever you wanted. 🤷‍♂️Workphones are normally very restricted, but I have no idea if it actually would work and how much " hassle " it would involve with backups, downloads and install, testing etc.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Stumbled over an article about the latest version of LineageOS 18.1, and also saw that version 17.1 ( Android 10 ) seems to support your phone @Gandalf_The_Grey . Maybe something that could be interesting, if you actually was allowed to own the phone yourself and do whatever you wanted. 🤷‍♂️Workphones are normally very restricted, but I have no idea if it actually would work and how much " hassle " it would involve with backups, downloads and install, testing etc.
Thanks for the suggestion (y)

If the phone were my own it could be an option, but it's a company owned phone.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Remember that LineageOS only add more freedom in terms of customisation and features, but also add high attack surface and is a lot less secured then stock Android.

Most LineageOS folks doesn't know that and blindly follow these community's.
:emoji_beer:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.