Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It seems to be available outside US. I used the below link on my test machine (product comparison and download):
https://www.kaspersky.com/free-cloud-antivirus#compare
After about 10 minutes Kaspersky Security Cloud has been installed on my computer.
Then I come here:
cloud.PNG

What option did you choose and what was the name of the downloaded file?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Finally got Kaspersky Security Cloud Free installed. Downgraded Comodo Firewall 11 to the super stable 10.
For browser security I use the AdGuard extension as adblocker, Kaspersky for malware and the Netcraft Extension for phishing.
The only issue I still have is the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE with Kapsersky and the latest Google Chrome with TLS 1.3 with some sites.
Q&A - Kaspersky Free causing ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE
It's the same error I had with Kaspersky Free Antivirus and I'm in contact with Kaspersky Support in the hope to get that resolved.
We are very, very, very slowly getting to the problem :unsure:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
On the 18th of October the ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE error was finally solved by Kaspersky.
The latest version of Comodo Firewall 11.0.0.6728 works without any problems for me.
I removed the Netcraft extension from Chrome and Zemana Anti-Malware portable as second opinion scanner.
Added OneDrive's always on sync for my Documents and Photo's.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Nice changes. How come you removed Netcraft?

~LDogg

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Nice changes. How come you removed Netcraft?

~LDogg
I removed Netcraft because I want to have a minimal set of extensions and I doubt if it's still needed with Kaspersky.
But still not sure about Netcraft or Microsoft Browser Protection as extra protection against phishing.
I like them both but want to avoid overkill.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I removed Netcraft because I want to have a minimal set of extensions and I doubt if it's still needed with Kaspersky.
But still not sure about Netcraft or Microsoft Browser Protection as extra protection against phishing.
Makes sense, same idea I have as well.

~LDogg

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

I completely understand as I did the same recently. (y) Traveling very light in Edge and Brave, not so much in Firefox since it needs more help. Either choice you make should be fine.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Took a break from Kaspersky for the new year. Had already an active license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
Surprised how much faster my laptop is going from Kaspersky (almost at default settings) to Emsisoft (almost at default settings).
When eventually returning to Kaspersky I will tweak it for performance according to the post of @Evjl's Rain :
https://malwaretips.com/threads/kas...december-2018-report.88397/page-3#post-787210
Removed Windows Defender Browser Protection extension. So I have now only 3 extensions in Google Chrome: AdGuard, Emsisoft and LastPass.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Took a break from Kaspersky for the new year. Had already an active license for Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
Surprised how much faster my laptop is going from Kaspersky (almost at default settings) to Emsisoft (almost at default settings).
When eventually returning to Kaspersky I will tweak it for performance according to the post of @Evjl's Rain :
https://malwaretips.com/threads/kas...december-2018-report.88397/page-3#post-787210
Removed Windows Defender Browser Protection extension. So I have now only 3 extensions in Google Chrome: AdGuard, Emsisoft and LastPass.
Simple and powerful protection (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.