User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Ziggo Safe Online (F-Secure Safe) 17.7 and VoodooShield 5.52 beta
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Removed Internet Explorer 11.
Ziggo Safe Online switched off Banking protection.
VoodooShield enabled WhitelistCloud and added the new Edge to web apps
Periodic malware scanners
HitmanPro and AdwCleaner (for the kids)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Microsoft Edge Dev with uBlock Origin, F-Secure Browsing Protection, Netcraft Extension, Certificate Info and Bitwarden.
Maintenance tools
O&O ShutUp10, Patch My PC, Autoruns, Bandizip, Driver Easy Pro, CCleaner Pro and Disk Cleanup
File and Photo backup
OneDrive, File History
System recovery
Windows system image
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Acer Aspire VN7-791G-576X
Intel Core i5-4210H
Intel HD Graphics 4600 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Kingston 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC3-12800 RAM
Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250GB
Seagate HDD ST1000LM014-1EJ164 1TB
Realtek High Definition Audio

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
First scan of privazer is slow indeed, but after that its much faster....i usually just run privazer once a week before going bed...it takes around 5-10 minutes and shut downs pc automatically after

If the browser cleanup is only reason to run privazer, there is the browser clean up wich takes as long as ccleaner default scan

With privazer its just much harder to recover deleted items, so i wouldnt run it daily..set up weekly clean up or something...with ccleaner i always ended up cleaning before i shut down pc
I tried it as CCleaner replacement, but it's slowness annoyed me more then CCleaner being taken over by Avast.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Back to Hard Configurator. Just works the best on my laptop. Can't thank you enough @Andy Ful

Use the same extensions on all installed browsers: AdGuard, Emsisoft Browser Security and LastPass.

When the new Microsoft Edge is released in Dutch and with spellchecking it will be my only browser.

Got a new replacement for CCleaner: HDCleaner
Kurt Zimmermann Software
It even cleans the new Edge Dev version (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Removed Edge Dev (waiting for a version with spelling support).
Changed AdGuard for uBlock Origin in Google Chrome and blocking 3rd party frames now.
Added Grammarly in both browsers to improve my posts here. Thanks @Andy Ful for the tip (y)
Removed HDCleaner because it couldn't clean my browsers anymore :confused:
So back to CCleaner Pro, not fully trusted, but just works.

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
CCleaner you can block with your Firewall the connections. Only if there is an update turn connection on. Did you treid CCenhancer? Then you can clean a lot more. Only be carefull you don’t select everything. It’s free and a portable version.

About O&O i have my concerns. Malwarebytes for example flags it as PUP and also Eset. They spam you with discount mails. Getting at the wrong detection i.m.o. anyway:

A lot things you can do self in grouppolicy (gpedit.msc). And also you will learn something ;)

P.S. Lastig he Nederlands ;)

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
About O&O i have my concerns. Malwarebytes for example flags it as PUP and also Eset. They spam you with discount mails. Getting at the wrong detection i.m.o. anyway:
I will only speak for O&O shutup 10 and O&O App Buster (you can get them from lots of legit german software hubs). They are standalone programs so how would they be able to spam with emails? For any other program from them i got no clue, but if a program i didn't buy! wants an email it gets an trashmailadress>never see spam :D
Maybe privazer or wisediskcleaner will be an ccleaner alternative for you? Remember always have a working backup :)

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
CCleaner you can block with your Firewall the connections. Only if there is an update turn connection on. Did you treid CCenhancer? Then you can clean a lot more. Only be carefull you don’t select everything. It’s free and a portable version.

A lot things you can do self in grouppolicy (gpedit.msc). And also you will learn something ;)

P.S. Lastig he Nederlands ;)
Thanks, I have blocked CCleaner in Windows Firewall, so that's covered:
Aantekening 2019-05-05 134244.png

CCenhancer sure can be dangerous when you select the wrong things and use the trim option to keep the performance of CCleaner.
Maybe I will try it again.

I have no reservations with O&O ShutUp10. It's portable, clean according to VirusTotal and there is no need to enter your email anywhere.
A lot of things can indeed be done with gpedit but it's very easy and safe to use just the recommended settings with ShutUp10.

And yes, Nederlands is lastig :D

I will only speak for O&O shutup 10 and O&O App Buster (you can get them from lots of legit german software hubs). They are standalone programs so how would they be able to spam with emails? For any other program from them i got no clue, but if a program i didn't buy! wants an email it gets an trashmailadress>never see spam :D
Maybe privazer or wisediskcleaner will be an ccleaner alternative for you? Remember always have a working backup :)
Great advice to use a trashmailadress (y), but there is no email needed in this case.

I've tried Wise Diskcleaner, but it didn't clean Google Chrome very good, it left some storage behind.

So the only option for me at the moment is still CCleaner (with web access blocked in firewall).

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
I have a special e-mail account for this. And got realy a lot spam. I opt-out ofcourse. But the reputation of a decent German software company is gone for me. For me, but that’s personal: i share them in the catagory iObit, iolio, Auslogics etc. Btw i don’t say they making bad software ;)

@Gandalf_The_Grey

Good you blocked it. Did the software updater option what they introduced couply weeks a go still working? (last time i used it, i wasn’t impressed about how much apps it supported).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have a special e-mail account for this. And got realy a lot spam. I opt-out ofcourse. But the reputation of a decent German software company is gone for me. For me, but that’s personal: i share them in the catagory iObit, iolio, Auslogics etc. Btw i don’t say they making bad software ;)

@Gandalf_The_Grey

Good you blocked it. Did the software updater option what they introduced couply weeks a go still working? (last time i used it, i wasn’t impressed about how much apps it supported).
The software updater is still useless the last time I checked, but now with internet access blocked can't do a thing:
Schermopname (1).png

Reactions: bribon77 and Step 1

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I am not sure but I don't think so, even though it has too many options i didn't notice that.
Can't find it either and also Bleachbit leaves some local storage behind in Google Chrome.
So back to CCleaner it is...

No. But can't you save them in the browser?
The thing that annoys me is that when I open my browser after cleaning I get a popup from Grammarly to log in again.
Not a real problem for me but an inconvenience on a computer shared with my wife...
So for me, CCleaner stays the best option.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
The software updater is still useless the last time I checked, but now with internet access blocked can't do a thing:
I have it blocked from Comodo, CCleaner portable.
CCleaner is a program that does not make many improvements in the updates, so I also disable the updates, if I see something significant in an update, I download it manually.:p

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Is there an option in bleachbit to keep some cookies?
With privazer you go throught tutorial wich asks you to keep specific cookies or not, i find it most advanced cleaner..

First scan is slower, but the browser cleanup wont take much of time, and complete cleanup is like 5-10minutes and i run it usually when i leave computer > set it to shut down computer after scan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.