Gandalf_The_Grey's Security Configuration

L

LabZero

The system image is basically a mirror identical copy of everything that is on your pc, it is a copy of Windows, programs, system settings and files present in your computer. Using this backup, you can restore the system if, for any severe error your system will no longer work well.
That is very important to have a working system image.
The easiest way is to use app like Macrium Free or other of your choice

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The system image is basically a mirror identical copy of everything that is on your pc, it is a copy of Windows, programs, system settings and files present in your computer. Using this backup, you can restore the system if, for any severe error your system will no longer work well.
That is very important to have a working system image.
The easiest way is to use app like Macrium Free or other of your choice
Thanks I will look into it. Planning to do a clean install after the Anniversary Update of August. After that a system image would be a great idea.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks, I really like 360 Total Security as a free av, but for some reason my laptop has wifi disconnecting issues with almost all av's (I have tried a lot of them). So far with Norton Security no disconnects and it is also very light on resources. If it stays this way I will also install it on the laptops of my 2 kids, our android tablet and the android phone of my wife. Our other phones are Windows phones and an old Nokia so the 5 licences of the deluxe version are enough for me.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
After I got blue screens with Norton Security (still not completely compatible with the anniversary update) I had to change AV's once again...
So Norton and Emsisoft don't work on my laptop. I'm back to the free AV's.
For the moment I'm using Bitdefender Free Beta.
It runs great on my laptop, but I'm not completely sure of it's level of protection...
Any suggestions for a clean (not bloated) free AV with good protection that I could use together with VoodooShield (running in smart mode) ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.