GeForce Game Ready Driver For Civilization: Beyond Earth & Lords Of The Fallen Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014

The new GeForce Game Ready 344.48 WHQL drivers are now available to download automatically through GeForce Experience, and from GeForce.com. These Game Ready drivers optimize your experience in forthcoming games like Civilization: Beyond Earth and Lords Of The Fallen, and enable NVIDIA Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) technology on Fermi and Kepler GeForce GTX 500, 600 and 700 Series desktop graphics cards. In addition, the new Game Ready drivers add nearly two-dozen profiles for SLI and 3D Vision systems, as well as other changes and updates.

Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) For Fermi & Kepler GeForce GTX Desktop GPUs

Alongside our record-breaking, critically-acclaimed GeForce GTX 980 and 970 graphics cards, we introduced a new software feature that enables gamers to enjoy 4K-quality graphics on any HD screen. Called Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR), the tech is built into GeForce Experience’s game setting recommendations, allowing players to dramatically increase image quality with a single click. How it works is simple: compatible games are rendered at a higher, more detailed resolution, and the image is intelligently shrunk back down to the resolution of your monitor using a custom-made filter, giving you up to 4K-quality graphics on your screen.
With the new Game Ready drivers installed, you can now use this exciting, easy to use feature on GeForce GTX 400, 500, 600, 700 and 900 Series GeForce GTX graphics cards.

If you’re an enthusiast may already know of and use Downsampling, which produces an excellent if less-refined image. DSR improves upon this technique considerably by working on all monitors at all refresh rates, by requiring no advanced technical knowledge and no advanced set-up, by improving the end-result, and through its one-click integration into GeForce Experience.

dsr-auto-enabled-in-geforce-experience-640px.jpg

Those seeking to customize their game settings can click the wrench icon in the GeForce Experience window, next to the Optimize button, to select other DSR resolutions and different quality settings.

geforce-experience-2-1-2-dsr-custom-resolutions-2.png

Further DSR resolutions can be exposed in GeForce Experience’s game customization window, and in games, by opening the NVIDIA Control Panel and selecting new DSR scaling factors. You’ll also find a setting to adjust the smoothness of the DSR filter, which will sharpen or soften the in-game picture to your tastes.

nvidia-control-panel-dsr-scaling-factors-640px.png

In games where the HUD and UI doesn’t automatically scale to match your resolution, resulting in unreadable text and icons, look for scaling settings, like the ‘UI Scale’ option found in World of Warcraft’s ‘Advanced System’ menu. Other games may require config file modifications – if such options exist PCGamingWiki.com almost always lists them. Failing that, send the developer a polite message extolling the benefits of higher-resolutions, and ask for HUD scaling.

SLI Performance Optimizations & Profile Updates
Upgrade your rig with a second NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU to activate SLI, the multi-GPU technology of choice for gamers. With intelligent scaling and industry-leading multi-GPU anti-stutter technology, NVIDIA SLI is the smoothest, most effective way of increasing frame rates by up to 2x.

As always, we’ve worked closely with a number of developers to enable SLI in their games and game engines, and we continue to work with Monolith on Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Please note, profiles require the latest game update in addition to the latest driver, so please ensure you have automatic patching enabled in Steam.

• Elite Dangerous – Added SLI profile
  • Escape Dead Island – Added SLI profile
  • Lichdom: Battlemage – Added SLI profile
  • Lords of the Fallen – Added SLI profile
  • MechWarrior Online – DirectX 11 Added SLI profile
  • Monster Hunter Online Benchmark – Added SLI profile
  • Ryse: Son of Rome – Added SLI profile
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition – Added SLI profile
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter – Added SLI profile
Other Updates

Finally, we’ve added a Civilization: Beyond Earth HBAO+ NVIDIA Control Panel profile, ‘Excellent’ 3D Vision Compatibility Mode profiles for Dead Rising 3 and Strife, and support for Oculus Rift’s drivers on G-SYNC systems. For the complete list of changes in the new Game Ready drivers please check out the release notes.

Reactions: amz and Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I got the notification about 20 minutes ago of the update, but isn't downloading. :(

upload_2014-10-23_13-57-33.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use Windows Firewall, and never had any issues with previous updates. I think it's due to giving Chrome High Priority and that I'm currently downloading some software. I'll try again later, not in a rush to update anyway.

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I use Windows Firewall, and never had any issues with previous updates. I think it's due to giving Chrome High Priority and that I'm currently downloading some software. I'll try again later, not in a rush to update anyway.

Yes, do not rush to update the vga driver, maybe only if you want to play the latest games smoothly :)

Reactions: Ink

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
The sad thing is, I won't be able to enjoy the new features due to my middle-class GeForce 840M. Can't complain about its performance though.

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
The sad thing is, I won't be able to enjoy the new features due to my middle-class GeForce 840M. Can't complain about its performance though.

At least you get the latest driver contains a Fix or repair of any bugs / problems at the time of the hardware used. :)
Sometimes a new driver is required when using the latest operating system, because the new operating system using the new architecture. :)

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.65 WHQ - new

New in nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.65 WHQL:
The new GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.65 WHQL, includes improvements which allows GeForce owners to continue to have the ultimate gaming platform. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience for Assassin’s Creed: Unity

Download:
32 bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe
64 bit:http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

Last edited:
Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Update 19, Nov, 2014
nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.75 WHQL - new

New in nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.75 WHQL:
The latest GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.75 WHQL, provides support for Maxwell’s new Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing (MFAA) mode. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience for Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Crew, and World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Download:
32 bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe
64 bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Update 23, Nov, 2014
nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.80 WHQL - new

New in nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 344.75 WHQL:
The latest GeForce Game Ready driver, release 344.75 WHQL, provides support for Maxwell’s new Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing (MFAA) mode. In addition, this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience for Far Cry 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Crew, and World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Released notes:http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.75/344.75-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Download:
32 bit, http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe
64 bit, http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...n8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.