GeForce GTX 1060 3GB vs. Radeon RX 570 4GB: 2018 Update. Mainstream GPU Battle - Take Two

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Today we’re revisiting a mid-range GPU battle between the Radeon RX 570 4GB and GeForce GTX 1060 3GB. It’s been a little over a year since we compared these two head to head in an extensive 28 game battle, so we thought it was about time to take another look now that GPU prices seem to be coming back down to more reasonable prices.

Since the original comparison we’ve received multiple driver and game updates as well as quite a few new games which we’ve added to the benchmark list. Of the 27 games we'll be testing, just half a dozen of them were featured in last year's battle.

Last time the Radeon RX 570 was a mere 2% slower on average, so a very even fight. Currently the RX 570 costs ~$10 more than the 3GB version of the GTX 1060 -- even though its reference cost is $170, while the GTX 1060 should be about $200. Today though the 1060 starts at $230 while the 570 starts at $240, so like all graphics cards they were better priced a year ago.

Aerdian

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2018
Thanks for sharing :) I didn't know that prices of GPUs were still higher than they should have been. They were when I built my computer a few months ago. I had to spend about an extra $200 over MSPR for my 1080. Based on this article alone (which isn't a good basis, since it's a review of two cards, not a discussion of pricing), it seems like they have gone down drastically, which is definitely good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.