GeForce GTX 1180 leaks and infomation from wccftech

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Source: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1180 - Specs, Performance, Price & Release Date (Preliminary)

Specification
According to the latest leaks, rumors and information provided to wccftech the GeForce GTX 1180 is powered by a 104 class GPU, codenamed GT104. The GPU measures around ~400mm², features 3584 CUDA cores, a 256-bit GDDR6 memory interface and 8 to 16 gigabytes of 16Gbps GDDR6 memory. The graphics card is expected to have a core clock of around ~1.6GHz and a boost clock of around ~1.8GHz. The TDP of this graphics card is unconfirmed to date, but is expected to be somewhere between 170-200W.

Performance
Peak FP32 compute performance is expected to be around 13 TFLOPS, depending on how high of a clock speed the graphics card will be able to hit and how often. This puts it slightly ahead of the existing GeForce GTX Titan Xp and GTX 1080 Ti. So you can expect around GTX Titan Xp performance or slightly better, but at significantly lower power consumption.
NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1180-Relative-Performance-1.png

Price and release date
Pricing and the release date are the most fluid parts of a product launch, so this could definitely change. But, you can expect the GeForce GTX 1180 to be released in the summer. All leaks and rumors point to a debut around the month of July.
In terms of pricing, whispers say that NVIDIA is looking to charge more for the GTX 1180 as compared to the GTX 1080, with some sources quoted as saying to expect a price tag of around $699.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I had GTX 980, but I've sold it. Was hoping for RX Vega 64, but they were jerking around with it for so long that I bought GTX 1080Ti instead. I wouldn't mind all the "cons" of Vega, but it just wasn't obtainable.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
I'm still on the gtx 970 too. I was thinking about upgrading soon, but everything is so overpriced thanks to miners.

Reactions: SumTingWong

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
All i wanted with the new 1180 was at least 30 fps more in games than the 1080ti for it to be a worthy upgrade for me as i got the gtx1080, ill see on release how they really perform.

Think ill wait for the 1180ti and the amd 7nm cpu next year which apparently gonna have huge gains.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.