Gen Variant Zusy detected by Bitdefender.

kinderjoy

Thread author
Jul 31, 2018
I've been getting notifications from Bitdefender and it has been blocking Gen Variant Zusy, 3 weeks ago. Today when I checked Bitdefender, I've received three notifications for the same malware. I get notification for the same malwares on these dates: June 24, June 30, July 12, and July 31. And phising attemps on these days June 3, June 15 and July 6. The interesting part is that in between those times that a threat has been detected, none of them has been found during system scan. And if they were blocked, they were not put to quarantine.

I have deleted some programs that we do not use and suspected as malicious and HouseCall just now and tagged Ragnarok Sakray.exe as a trojan. Bitdefender and Malwarebytes didn't detect any threat after the scan. I am not sure how deeply rooted is the malware or how bad the situation is. Is there any way a noob like me can solve this? Or should I just reformat?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.