Burrito

Level 23
Don't confuse Symantec with Norton -- as they are different entities now.

Malwarebytes is high. Like smoking dope high.

I actually like and run Malwarebytes as a backup capability. So I have no issue with Malwarebytes. But I do understand it is a limited product.

But their protection just ain't that great. It seems to be getting better, but they are still bottom-dwellers when tested.

In the enterprise market, here are 2019 cumulative results from SE Labs.

1582699593109.png

And.... this is the result of the last time that the Malwarebytes enterprise product showed up at SE Labs.

1582699900879.png

...smoking dope high....

And this reflects more recent Malwarebytes consumer product testing done at AV-T.

Malwarebytes may be improving, but they ain't no Symantec.

B

BVLon

Even if one wants to switch away from Symantec, there are: Sophos, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, TrendMicro, F-Secure, McAfee (whose business products are great, unlike the home ones), CheckPoint... Once all these options are exhausted plus all the new ones like Falcon, Cyren, Cylance... maybe Malware Bytes can be considered. It's good to see that Polish guys have such a great humour. Marcin needs to reduce his vodka intake, as Malware Bytes will not beat Symantec anytime soon.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Even if one wants to switch away from Symantec, there are: Sophos, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, TrendMicro, F-Secure, McAfee (whose business products are great, unlike the home ones), CheckPoint... Once all these options are exhausted plus all the new ones like Falcon, Cyren, Cylance... maybe Malware Bytes can be considered. It's good to see that Polish guys have such a great humour. Marcin needs to reduce his vodka intake, as Malware Bytes will not beat Symantec anytime soon.
Malwarebytes is reputable in corporate environment, they were finalist in 2015 for the US Homeland Security Award (if such thing is worth)

quoted from my own post:

The winner was my favorite default-deny software Appguard.

outlawxtorn

Level 5
Verified
Content Creator
Malwarebytes is reputable in corporate environment, they were finalist in 2015 for the US Homeland Security Award (if such thing is worth)

quoted from my own post:

Speaking of, do you know anything about Tech Fortress?

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Speaking of, do you know anything about Tech Fortress?
Rebranded version, no differences except the vendor list.
but honestly, if you have money to spend and time to learn things, you rather buy Windows 10 Pro and you can replicate almost any default-deny software or even do better. No way i spend yearly subscription to anything when Windows 10 Pro is almost lifetime LOL

Burrito

Level 23

quoted from my own post:

Nah, the GSN awards are pretty meaningless. The 'awards' have little to do with actual effectiveness. It is basically an essay contest, which if you win, it gives you an 'opportunity' to buy advertising space from GSN.

Don't let the title fool you. Their "Homeland Security Awards" have nothing to do with the organization Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officially. It's just a publication doing their thing.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I thought it was related to DHS... Well, solve my question about how come MBAM is crap on home version and get highly rated on corporate side...

Lorthemar

Level 1
Malwarebytes was only good when it was first surfacing as a free backup tool to save an already infected PC. Haven't heard too many good things since then. And honestly haven't checked the product in the last 4 years or so. It's a common marketing move. When one of your competitors are on shaky ground, you capitalize on the uncertainty of their users and swoop in as their rebound product.