Getting multiple alerts HitmanPro CDN's are compromised.

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Nov 5, 2011
Did you also use other security tools to find out, do they all tell you the same thing?
'a couple different technologies' are other tools, please?
Which ones?

Slyguy

Level 28
Jan 27, 2017
Operating System
Other OS
Funny thing, one of the top analysts at Zvelo (based in Colorado) was examining this for me and sent me a screenshot of the diagnostics. Look at the tray.. Kaspersky..Most of the top guys I know in Infosec and Cybersecurity, use Kaspersky.. Guess the fearmongering didn't accomplish much.

SUPRA

Level 2
Nov 26, 2016
Probably false positive, but these started popping up with a couple different technologies I use today.

So are you using the hardware based firewall or the software based one also for the software one is it free or paid? Do have any dedicated server???

Last edited:

Slyguy

Level 28
Jan 27, 2017
Operating System
Other OS
So are you using the hardware based firewall or the software based one also for the software one is it free or paid? Do have any dedicated server???
I have Untangle installed on a dedicated, purpose built appliance from Protectlii. I used to consult for Protectlii on their engineering team so I managed to get a few of them for free during that process. Untangle is $49 a year for the full UTM suite.

However, I do not use Untangle as my primary UTM. Fortigate and FortiSandbox are my primary protection. Untangle is staged behind those in transparent/Brouter mode as a second opinion UTM. My home is one of the few networks to have multiple UTM's for first/second/third opinion scanning of all traffic coming and going. That provides me with 3 distinct web filters, 3 intrusion detection systems, 4 different antivirus signatures/technologies scanning all traffic.

However for home protection, untangle itself is very very good. Vastly superior to most other solutions and incredibly affordable and easy to setup. It can run on almost any appliance or computer. (but not Pi)

SUPRA

Level 2
Nov 26, 2016
I have Untangle installed on a dedicated, purpose built appliance from Protectlii. I used to consult for Protectlii on their engineering team so I managed to get a few of them for free during that process. Untangle is $49 a year for the full UTM suite.

However, I do not use Untangle as my primary UTM. Fortigate and FortiSandbox are my primary protection. Untangle is staged behind those in transparent/Brouter mode as a second opinion UTM. My home is one of the few networks to have multiple UTM's for first/second/third opinion scanning of all traffic coming and going. That provides me with 3 distinct web filters, 3 intrusion detection systems, 4 different antivirus signatures/technologies scanning all traffic.

However for home protection, untangle itself is very very good. Vastly superior to most other solutions and incredibly affordable and easy to setup. It can run on almost any appliance or computer. (but not Pi)
Quite impressive security protection.