Getting sick and tired of M$ forced updates!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveM

Level 2
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
I wonder if KB3140742 fixes it. Be watchful of other changes as well during updates. I use the "Shut Up" tool to tame some of the privacy-related issues in Windows 10, and I've seen these settings get changed back to default.

Reactions: done and Venustus

DaveM

Level 2
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy having my operating system change itself randomly. Especially not security-related settings. I'm also having second thoughts about having dived into something that isn't yet done. I'll give it a chance for a while.

Rob Crombie

Mar 2, 2016
I have W10 Pro 64bit
I purchased a 2nd hand PC with it freshly "installed" (seller had done a clean install of W7 Pro, and did an immediate update).
I created an image, and restored that into another hard drive, and I rolled that 2nd drive back to W7 Pro.
Then put back the first W10 Pro drive.
I purchased the PC, not because I love W10, but because MS insist on throwing away old tried & true approaches, with every new version of windows. (EG settings are all over the place, and some are gone). So I figure I better get used to it because friends and neighbors often get free help from me.

I am pretty sure I found out how to prevent auto updates. Allowing me to control when they will occur.
Do you wish me (and my 7 decade old brain) to dig around, and recall how I did it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.