Windows Edition
Home
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
1) ESET NOD32 Antivirus (Set to game mode when running games)
2) Windows Defender Firewall
3) NoVirusThanks SysHardener
4) NoVirusThanks OSArmor
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
--
Periodic malware scanners
1) Emsisoft Emergency Kit
2) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
3) Zemana Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
1) AdGuard
2) BitDefender TrafficLight
3) HTTPS Everywhere
Maintenance tools
1) CCleaner with CCEnhancer
2) Revo Uninstaller Pro
3) Auslogics Disk Defrag
4) Wise Care 365
File and Photo backup
Software:
1) AOMEI Backupper
Cloud Storage:
1) OneDrive
External HDD:
1) 4TB Western Digital HDD
2) 2TB Western Digital HDD
System recovery
Software:
1) AOMEI Backupper
External HDD:
1) 4TB Western Digital
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Brand & Model: ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DY
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
GPU: ATI RadeonT RX 560X
ATI AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

RAM: 4GB
Storage: 1TB Toshiba HDD

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
FX705DY_pr_lead.jpg

Presenting my GF's gaming laptop config! I want to keep it light and fast. And also, I will expand its RAM to 8GB (very soon) to see the real potential of Ryzen 5 3550H.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
These are my thoughts on this configure
- I think it's overkill
- IMO, it's a waste to use a paid AV with an anti-exe (just me). A free light AV + anti-exe is perfect
- You don't need OSA in this machine. Syshardener is sufficient enough and consumes zero CPU
- After upgrading to 8GB of RAM (must!!!), you can try out PrimoCache, which uses your RAM to support HDD as cache, like SSHD. You can set from 512-1024MB as RAM cache and prioritize Reading cache more than Writing cache (80-20 or 70-30%) => It significantly speeds up my ancient computer with first-gen i3 and HDD (set only 256MB cache because it only has 4GB RAM)

by the way, are you sure using an anti-exe would work on your GF's laptop? Will she will allow everything and make anti-exe useless like UAC?

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hum my fault, I though it didn't have since only AV not IS :unsure: :unsure:
HIPS is a part of BB in ESET so all versions have it
by the way, if it doesn't have HIPS or any default-deny, I still consider it to be overkill because Voodooshield + OSA + SH => OSA is the overkill app here because VS and SH already block everything

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
HIPS is a part of BB in ESET so all versions have it
by the way, if it doesn't have HIPS or any default-deny, I still consider it to be overkill because Voodooshield + OSA + SH => OSA is the overkill app here because VS and SH already block everything
I test it now for 2, 3 days not need VS and OSA. Only with syshardener is realy very secure.

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
I have the same experience (y) Voodooshield +free (weak) antivirus
paid av + syshardener = more than enough
Dont pay for an antivirus unless you not experienced, its not needed, replace it with a second opinion scanner instead because voodooshield will block the initial execution and syshardener will block many malicous changes.

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
These are my thoughts on this configure
- I think it's overkill
- IMO, it's a waste to use a paid AV with an anti-exe (just me). A free light AV + anti-exe is perfect
- You don't need OSA in this machine. Syshardener is sufficient enough and consumes zero CPU
- After upgrading to 8GB of RAM (must!!!), you can try out PrimoCache, which uses your RAM to support HDD as cache, like SSHD. You can set from 512-1024MB as RAM cache and prioritize Reading cache more than Writing cache (80-20 or 70-30%) => It significantly speeds up my ancient computer with first-gen i3 and HDD (set only 256MB cache because it only has 4GB RAM)

by the way, are you sure using an anti-exe would work on your GF's laptop? Will she will allow everything and make anti-exe useless like UAC?
She rarely using the laptop, but I'm considering removing either VoodooShield or OS Armor.

Thanks guys for all your replies.

Last edited:

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Update:

Removing VoodooShield Free

Yeah, it's quite overkill with OS Armor and SysHardener on board. Plus, it's my GF's, she might get confused when VS pops out.:ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.