Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, I have no reason to use it.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Total voters

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member

Ghostery is your window into the invisible web – tags, web bugs, pixels and beacons that are included on web pages in order to get an idea of your online behavior.

Ghostery allows zero-tolerance blocking of anything ad related, complete (visible) open communication with ad companies, or countless measures in between - determined by you, the informed web user.
About Ghostery

Ghostery Homepage + Download

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Ghostery is available for Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer. What about for the ones you listed? ;P

HeffeD

stormgtr said:
Ghostery is available for Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer. What about for the ones you listed? ;P
Currently ABP works in Firefox and Chrome. Wladimir has plans for Safari support as well, but I think he wants to get the Chrome extension up to par before Safari. I believe there is a way now to add ABP filters in IE, but I don't know the specifics.

HeffeD

bogdan said:
That might be true but Ghostery shows a nice pop-up with the bugs present on each site :p
True, but does Ghostery give you a hit counter of how many times each bug is blocked? ABP's filters will give you a tally of each filter hit.

I haven't actually tried Ghostery since it was introduced, when all it did was report the bugs, not actually block them. So I'm unsure of all of its current features.

Well I stopped using this when it did not agree with FF and started using up too much CPU due to being buggy! I may try it again at some point, but see no reason to add another add-on with what I have already which is more than capable of helping keeping me safe.