Expired Giveaway of the day — COVERT Pro 3.0.31.24

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
That's one awesome giveaway! Got introduced to Covert Pro (USB) by @Umbra's config :D
Their site shows the latest download of "Covert Pro" as 3.0.1.24 but the giveaway page shows something else - 3.0.31.24. Assuming it's a typo since the giveaway product can't be of a version newer than the official site's == the giveaway is unusually of the latest version here!
Thanks @Ty2017

Last edited:

Ty2017

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2017
That's one awesome giveaway! Got introduced to Covert Pro (USB) by @Umbra's config :D
Their site shows the latest download of "Covert Pro" as 3.0.1.24 but the giveaway page shows something else - 3.0.31.24. Assuming it's a typo since the giveaway product can't be of a version newer than the official site's == the giveaway is unusually of the latest version here!
Thanks for sharing @Ty2017
Hi there Parsh,
pleasure
:)
Might be a typo?
When I installed, version is 2.0.31.24...not 3.0.31.24

Reactions: Parsh and frogboy

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hi there Parsh,
pleasure
Might be a typo?
The giveaway product installed shows 3.0.31.24 in "About". But signature of the executable is valid and verified.
The doubt is that the file description of the file downloaded from their official site says 3.0.1.24 rather.

Reactions: Ty2017

Ty2017

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2017
The giveaway product installed shows 3.0.31.24 in "About". But signature of the executable is valid and verified.
The doubt is that the file description of the file downloaded from their official site says 3.0.1.24 rather.
When I installed, version is 2.0.31.24...not 3.0.31.24
I think it`s just the older version, before they went to V3?

Ty2017

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2017
Ok, this is interesting. When I first started installing, it indicate V2.
Now, when I go to "about", it shows V3?
upload_2017-6-12_11-39-6.png

Attachments

• COVERT INSTALL.jpg
    COVERT INSTALL.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 505

Emanuel.

Level 2
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
Thank you very much. I already have it installed. A question. Does the closed program still work alone? Greetings.

Emanuel.

Level 2
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
I meant that the program is not minimized to the system tray. Is it closed and still working? Greetings and thanks.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Thx for the share ~ :cool:

But i saw the description in readme.txt file , it's say " No free upgrades to future versions " ! :eek:
Is that true ? no upgrades ? maybe even just a bugs fix upgrade ?

That's sound not good for security software :(

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016

But i saw the description in readme.txt file , it's say " No free upgrades to future versions " ! :eek:

That's not unusual with s/w giveaways and that's how they do it.
Expand their user base, get more inquisitive people familiar with their product and state this only limitation (no support, no upgrades)!
Users may refer others to the product, either renew after the license ends or buy the product at a discounted rate (for enabling upgrades and support) from the same giveaway site - that offers a discount link immediately after the product giveaway period ends. Developers get more feedback and data too ;)

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
That's not unusual with s/w giveaways and that's how they do it.
Expand their user base, get more inquisitive people familiar with their product and state this only limitation (no support, no upgrades)!
Users may refer others to the product, either renew after the license ends or buy the product at a discounted rate (for enabling upgrades and support) from the same giveaway site - that offers a discount link immediately after the product giveaway period ends. Developers get more feedback and data too ;)

Thanks for your explanation ;)

Ty2017

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2017
Thank you very much. I already have it installed. A question. Does the closed program still work alone? Greetings.
Pleasure Emanuel,
I must still test app myself. Only installed it, but haven`t had time to look at it yet.
Maybe one of the other guys can answer?

Ty2017

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2017

Pleasure, Kevin :)
I often see that mentioned in free giveaways...no free upgrades.
I guess that is why they give it for free? To get us to purchase?

Reactions: KevinYu0504

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.