Solarquest

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
GlassWire 2.0 Released With VirusTotal Scanning, Evil Twin Detection, and More

GlassWire 2.0 has been released that comes with some new features such as VirusTotal scanning, Windows Firewall rules synchronization, WiFi evil twin discovery, multi-monitor support, and hi-res monitor support.

GlassWire is a popular network monitoring program and firewall that silently runs in the background while monitoring your network. This allows it to detect new network connections, determine how much bandwidth you are using, see what sites processes are connecting to, and more. This makes it very useful for detecting new threats that may be running on your computer or applications that are making too many network requests. You can then block any processes you want from accessing the network.

You can download GlassWire 2.0.78 now and get a free 7-day trial of their paid features, which includes Ask to Connect, Lock Down Mode, Mini Graph, and a longer amount of network history. After the 7-day trial you can purchase GlassWire starting at $39 or continue using GlassWire in its free mode.

Below we have highlighted some of the features that really stand out.

Automatic VirusTotal Analysis
A new feature that I really like is the ability for GlassWire to automatically upload any new processes that utilize the network to VirusTotal. This allows you to quickly get an idea if any malware programs are running on your computer.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
They tricked me! I thought Ask to connect and list of connected devices is free from now on, but it appears that they automatically enable trial. There weren't any signs that trial version would be activated and the only place you can see that you're using trial is About part. :LOL:

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

There are other interesting changes.
almost half of the free themes become paid.
more pop-ups here and there to upgrade.
free security features that become available only in paid version include :
-System file monitor (Host File change)
-Application info change ( version, publisher and ... change )
-While you were away ( Summary of network when you were away )
-ARP spoofing Detection
-Proxy Settings Monitor
-DNS Server Settings
-Internet Access Monitor
+ all new features like wifi evil twin.

In my opinion, it's not the best update ever to a software :unsure:
They remove 80% of Security Features for free user.
I Suggest to work on new features for small businesses or enterprises not to remove free home use features so maybe they buy your product.
Be Smart :ROFLMAO:

P.S: I like new User Interface ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.