Site of promotion
https://stacksocial.com/sales/glasswire-elite-3-year-subscription
Instructions
Sold through StackSocial. You can use their current promo code "SPRING15" to get 15% off and the price down to $25.50 only.

IkariGradius

Level 1
Verified
Does this get updates/upgrades beyond version 2.1?
Version specific software limitation usually doesn't apply to subscriptions, so i think it should get the next updates for the that time. I'm almost sure, but if you want a definitive answer you should contact either Stacksocial or Glasswire (they are active on their forums).

Antus67

Level 4
Verified
GlassWire is a next generation firewall that visually shows you threats your antivirus missed .

Pro's
  • Easy to use
  • Visualizes network activity
  • Block nosy apps
  • Phishing & Malware Host Warnings
  • Exposes bandwidth wasting apps
  • Mobile Backup support
Cons: Not an antivirus

Bottom Line:
GlassWire is a new type of firewall that helps you understand what your computer is doing over the network. .

Umbra

Level 21
Verified
GlassWire is a next generation firewall that visually shows you threats your antivirus missed .
Really?
Can it can show you threats that aren't creating connections?
And does it differentiate malicious connections that are created by abused legit processes from legit ones?

sirius777

Level 1
I've started using Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control in Medium filtering mode recently which complements Windows Firewall and I feel at home now. I should've tried this a long time ago.
If you learn to use Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security then you don't need anything else regarding firewall.

For example: I blocked all outbound connections and only allow a few programs.

You can do everything firewall-related with Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. No need for third-party software.

SeriousHoax

Level 16
Verified
Malware Tester
If you learn to use Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security then you don't need anything else regarding firewall.

For example: I blocked all outbound connections and only allow a few programs.
I know but I prefer my Firewall to ask me before any program connects to internet. All inbound connections are blocked, I create rules for programs that I always use and sometimes something may require internet connection temporarily for example online installer of a product. WFC makes it easier to manage everything with comfort.

zzz00m

Level 6
Glasswire was very heavy on my PC.
In my experience, that only happens if you keep the real-time graph view active. The CPU usage drops to nearly nothing using the other tabs.

IMHO that real-time graph is useless eye candy anyway, so I never use it. But the other tabs offer a wealth of network traffic info.

Thales

Level 6
In my experience, that only happens if you keep the real-time graph view active. The CPU usage drops to nearly nothing using the other tabs.

IMHO that real-time graph is useless eye candy anyway, so I never use it. But the other tabs offer a wealth of network traffic info.
Yeah that could be the reason I had no time to investigate because my trial license has expired.