On Sale! GlassWire Pro/Elite: Lifetime Licenses 70% off - 5 days left

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
The price reduction is realy nice and i dont wanna trashtalk your good find since im always looking for software bargains.
If you just look for an enhancement of the windows firewall maybe take also a look at binisoft.org (Windows Firewall controll ) for about 10 bucks you get lifetime and can use it on all your pcs.
I think i read on another forum the glasswire uses a proxy for its own or so. If you dont like that better do a quicksearch i could be totaly wrong :D

Reactions: askmark

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The price reduction is realy nice and i dont wanna trashtalk your good find since im always looking for software bargains.
If you just look for an enhancement of the windows firewall maybe take also a look at binisoft.org (Windows Firewall controll ) for about 10 bucks you get lifetime and can use it on all your pcs.
I think i read on another forum the glasswire uses a proxy for its own or so. If you dont like that better do a quicksearch i could be totaly wrong :D
your wrong, Glasswire does not employ a "Proxy" unless told to do so, that type of speculation is dangerous to Glasswire so please, in the future just ask, there are some here with the experience to dispel "security software myths" rather quickly.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Thoughts on this software? Is it good? Worth getting?

What do you think @_CyberGhosT_ ? I haven't heard nor read much about this software other than what is on the website. Seems quite interesting though.

Testing the free version right now. So far, so good! The biggest limitation on the free version is you need the pay version to set "Ask to Connect" mode.

But since you are alerted the first time every program accesses the network, and you can then click to block any that you wish to afterwards. Not a big deal if you are only running trusted applications.

This connection info is kept in the Firewall display, as well as the history graph, so you can see what is accessing the net and what hosts they are connecting to.

Might be worth $29 for Pro - Lifetime for the extra features. :D

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
It is a great tool for monitoring windows connections I use it see any new telemetry connections so I can block them in my firewall.

I sure wish they would expand this app to integrate with other firewalls besides Windows Firewall.

I am using the free version but this is a great deal so I think I will pop for the pro thanks for the heads up and links.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I sure wish they would expand this app to integrate with other firewalls besides Windows Firewall.

I see this comment come up often regarding many firewalls these days. But the thing is that all firewalls since Windows Vista use the Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) to access the network. So a firewall is a firewall, but some have additional features like sandboxes and HIPS, that are not really network firewall features. So it really comes down to your needs.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Testing the free version right now. So far, so good! The biggest limitation on the free version is you need the pay version to set "Ask to Connect" mode.

But since you are alerted the first time every program accesses the network, and you can then click to block any that you wish to afterwards. Not a big deal if you are only running trusted applications.

This connection info is kept in the Firewall display, as well as the history graph, so you can see what is accessing the net and what hosts they are connecting to.

Might be worth $29 for Pro - Lifetime for the extra features. :D

Thanks for letting me know. I heard the Elite is quite nice as well.

It might be your last chance to get a lifetime license, because they are switching to yearly subscription's
anytime soon :)

Really? Hmmmmm very good to know! I'll be looking at this with more haste then decide what to do....

@JM Security ever hear about this software? Is it any good? I don't know much other than what I have read here and a bit online.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for letting me know. I heard the Elite is quite nice as well.

Really? Hmmmmm very good to know! I'll be looking at this with more haste then decide what to do....

@JM Security ever hear about this software? Is it any good? I don't know much other than what I have read here and a bit online.
I've tried it and it seems good and promising, it offers various features and it is useful because you can check any malware connection.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Snagged the Pro - Lifetime deal. With the 10% off discount for first time shoppers deal it came to $26.10 USD. :cool:

The "who's on my network" feature is cool. It lets you know when anything connects to your network, wired or wireless. (y)

This thing really gives you a good overview of your network connections, and what is using your network. +1

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@_CyberGhosT_ @JM Security @aragornnnn I took your advice and went for it! I got the GlassWire Elite: Lifetime License! This is some sweet software. I may end up not using some of the other free tools that I use on my home network! Thanks for the recommendation everyone!

Like quite a few others have said I can see this software going to a yearly licence here mighty soon! In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if they did this within the next few months or the first of the year. Nice software!

Brian

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.