On Sale! GlassWire Pro/Elite: Lifetime Licenses 70% off - 5 days left

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ @JM Security @aragornnnn I took your advice and went for it! I got the GlassWire Elite: Lifetime License! This is some sweet software. I may end up not using some of the other free tools that I use on my home network! Thanks for the recommendation everyone!

Like quite a few others have said I can see this software going to a yearly licence here mighty soon! In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if they did this within the next few months or the first of the year. Nice software!

Brian
No worries, Stay Frosty Brian ;)

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I tested Glasswire for a while, following CyberGhost tip inside his config, .
Could you be so kind and link me the tip? CyberGhost has so many post i coudn't find it :D
Btw what %amount of cpu does glasswire use for you? GWCtlSrv.exe uses nearly 3% for me most of the time (if i can believe process lasso).

conditions

Level 1
Verified
Aug 3, 2014
i installed and blocked some applications.

I still noticed some connections out. Firewall setting is also turn on.
for example, i blocked malwarebytes from connecting, i will see from the graph that it has some data transfer. For thiose with malwayrebytes, please check if there is a constant data transfer.

Also when using "Ask to connect", some data were transferred before the pop up promoting Allow to Deny.

Am i getting it correct?

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
yeah i saw that. but was wondering if a normal user even needs the elite version

Most 'normal users' will never need the elite version. I for one am not 'normal' (I suppose?!), because I went for the elite version. I have a lot of computers that I keep track of and having this tool is going to be quite handy.

Well it's simple, do you now run, or plan to run more than 3 PCs?

I don't plan to, so Pro meets my needs... ;)

@zzz00m Exactly! If you have more than 3 PCs go for the Elite. If not, go for the Pro! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Don't forget the Elite has unlimited history too! This is another large difference between the Pro and the Elite version. However, one year is a long amount of history to keep. Unlimited remote connections are excellent too! So lots of great advantages to looking into.

~Brian

Reactions: zzz00m

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I have been running GlassWire for 5 days now, and I am really liking it! :D

I have used many other firewalls, and a few networking analysis tools such as solarwinds, wireshark, etc., but this really puts the data visualization right in front of you. You can still use other tools for deep diving and problem determination as needed, but this is the coolest dashboard I have ever seen.

Big thumbs up to the devs for this! (y)

Reactions: R2D2

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I have been running GlassWire for 5 days now, and I am really liking it! :D

I have used many other firewalls, and a few networking analysis tools such as solarwinds, wireshark, etc., but this really puts the data visualization right in front of you. You can still use other tools for deep diving and problem determination as needed, but this is the coolest dashboard I have ever seen.

Big thumbs up to the devs for this! (y)

I have been using this program for a while now and I am enjoying it too. I too have kept Wireshark for obvious reasons! The Elite version was appealing to me, because of the few other differences that I listed out the other day. In all, though most users would be great with the Pro version.

Two thumbs up from me. (y)(y) Some great software here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.