Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Facebook, Skype, AOL, Apple all sharing user data with NSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

timnik

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
Natural said:
In a week that has already been rocked by one explosive government spy scandal involving the NSA scooping up phone call data and geographic locations of Verizon customers, another scandalous discovery has just erupted that's sure to "wake up" millions of Americans who have been living in denial.

"The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio, video, photographs, e-mails, documents and connection logs that enable analysts to track a person’s movements and contacts over time," reports the Washington Post in an explosive investigative article.

Top secret documents obtained by the Washington Post show that nearly all the top internet services -- Microsoft Hotmail, Google Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Facebook, Skype, AOL, Apple, Youtube and PalTalk -- are all sharing ALL your user communications with the federal government. Dropbox is reportedly "coming soon."

As the Washington Post explains:

Through a top-secret program authorized by federal judges working under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), the U.S. intelligence community can gain access to the servers of nine Internet companies for a wide range of digital data. Documents describing the previously undisclosed program, obtained by The Washington Post, show the breadth of U.S. electronic surveillance capabilities in the wake of a widely publicized controversy over warrantless wiretapping of U.S. domestic telephone communications in 2005.

Read more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040659_internet_surveillance_police_state_Facebook.html

timnik

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
I'm reconsidering Google Gmail as my primary email provider..:dodgy:

Does anybody use on a daily basis something different from the above mentioned and therefore more secure?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
timnik said:
I'm reconsidering Google Gmail as my primary email provider..:dodgy:

Does anybody use on a daily basis something different from the above mentioned and therefore more secure?

Yahoo Mail is my primary email provider and as my responsibilities goes well from online then have confident for security.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
I use Opera e-mail, but since the government in looking at everything that comes and goes from each ISP, it doesn't really matter which e-mail service you use.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
It wouldn't surprise me if Obama is monitoring all communications, all over the world. Anything that comes into the USA is logged and recorded. I think that's one of the uses he's found for IBM's DeepBlue.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Moose said:
Would it be better to use VPN Connection all the time? Now?

Well using VPN may take more risk on privacy and details may visible to others. (correct me if I'm wrong)

timnik

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
jamescv7 said:
Moose said:
Would it be better to use VPN Connection all the time? Now?

Well using VPN may take more risk on privacy and details may visible to others. (correct me if I'm wrong)

If you choose "wrong" VPN provider who will record your activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.