go.goadvs virus infecting browser (iCab mobile for iOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

05pandaku50

Thread author
Nov 28, 2015
Hello all.
Today I started getting redirected to a page named something along the lines of "go.goadvs"

I tried to ignore it (thinking if was just the site I visited) but I came to realize that it might be the entire browser, since the same thing happened while visiting sites like Google.

I attempted to "fix it" by deleting all of my browsing data (cookies, history, everything) but to no avail.
I then tried deleting the app entirely.
Still didn't work.

So, here I am to ask:
How do I get rid of this?
I tried deleting my recent downloads too.

The browser I'm using is an app called "iCab Mobile" on an iPod touch 5th gen (running vers 8. something)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think you may try to conduct Restore factory settings on your Ipod Touch to ensure everything are well reset to default. ;)

Reactions: Exterminator
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello all.
Today I started getting redirected to a page named something along the lines of "go.goadvs"

I tried to ignore it (thinking if was just the site I visited) but I came to realize that it might be the entire browser, since the same thing happened while visiting sites like Google.

I attempted to "fix it" by deleting all of my browsing data (cookies, history, everything) but to no avail.
I then tried deleting the app entirely.
Still didn't work.

So, here I am to ask:
How do I get rid of this?
I tried deleting my recent downloads too.

The browser I'm using is an app called "iCab Mobile" on an iPod touch 5th gen (running vers 8. something)
go.goadvs is a redirect virus, your device has been infected, when did this start, have you downloaded any apps recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.