Troubleshoot go4news.biz removal

Infected operating system
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Infected device issues
Constant desktop notifications in Google Chrome. I have been to Settings/Notifications already, but it doesn't seem to block them...
I have installed also blockSite, but the same, no effect...
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Chrome
Browser extensions
BlockSite

Daniel12

Thread author
Apr 17, 2020
Hi!
Sorry because I am sure this has been posted here many times, but I cannot find the post...
How can I remove 2.go4news.biz from my mac?

I have been to Settings/Notifications already, but it doesn't seem to block them...
I installed Cleanmymac, paid version, but it doesn't even find it!

Thanks!

Daniel

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi!
Sorry because I am sure this has been posted here many times, but I cannot find the post...
How can I remove 2.go4news.biz from my mac?

I have been to Settings/Notifications already, but it doesn't seem to block them...
I installed Cleanmymac, paid version, but it doesn't even find it!

Thanks!

Daniel
Hello,
Welcome to MalwareTips!

Can you please check again to see if it's still there or not:
  1. In the top right corner, click on Chrome’s main menu button (three vertical dots).
  2. Click on “Settings“.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
  4. In the Privacy and Security section, click on “Site settings“.
  5. Click on “Notifications“.
  6. In the Allowed section, find the go4news.biz site and click the three vertical dots button, then click on “Remove”.

Daniel12

Thread author
Apr 17, 2020
Hello,
Welcome to MalwareTips!

Can you please check again to see if it's still there or not:
  1. In the top right corner, click on Chrome’s main menu button (three vertical dots).
  2. Click on “Settings“.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced“.
  4. In the Privacy and Security section, click on “Site settings“.
  5. Click on “Notifications“.
  6. In the Allowed section, find the go4news.biz site and click the three vertical dots button, then click on “Remove”.
HI! I have removed it from "Allowed". But I see that it is also in "Blocked". Should I remove it also from there or should I leave it? Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
HI! I have removed it from "Allowed". But I see that it is also in "Blocked". Should I remove it also from there or should I leave it? Thanks a lot!
You ca leave it there, it won't do any harm. Do you still see those pop-ups after you've removed it from Allowed?

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.