Good Alternative of FileHippo - FileHorse

Status
Not open for further replies.

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
I browse on both sites but Filehorse doesn't have beta updates from apps, which Filehippo and Softpedia offers.

Reactions: GonzitoVir

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Softpedia is the best! :):cool:
I will have to somewhat agree since they have an adware policy and actually scan all files for malware.
Softpedia has a wide selection of software not listed on other download sites but on the bad site they have more junkware listed than any other download site. If you just want the basic popular software then SnapFiles and MajorGeeks are better option since it has much less junkware listed.

FileHippo is a good download site but it takes them much longer to keep the software listed updated, sometimes falls weeks behind on some updates.

If Softpedia would clean up all the junkware programs then it would be the best download site.

Avoid Cnet Download.com, Softonic and BrotherSoft since they use adware wrappers.

Enjoy!! :D

digitalman

Level 1
May 28, 2014
I like Filehippo too but never heard or see FileHorse.Thanks for share it looks like Filehippo :)
For me
1.Softpedia
2.Majorgeek
3.Filehippo
i too like these 3 websites unlike cnet that bundles crapware in the software on there website these 3 websites downloads are all bundle free another very good website that has malware free software on it & does not bundle there software is snapfiles.com so that makes 4

Reactions: Shadowclogger

Shadowclogger

Level 1
Verified
May 31, 2014
I found out, to my horror, that some sites would reroute the "computer consumer" to CNET. I think Adobe did, I think Java did. I can't remember for certain, but I remember getting hit by this stupid PUP called "Level Quality Watcher." I've run through my antivirus programs, and for some reason the thing keeps on coming back! Argh

Thanks so much for this post because I'm CONSTANTLY looking for good sites to research for antivirus, add-ons, :eek:etc.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I use filehorse.
Filehippo seems to update a day after everyone else IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.