Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The stable channel has been updated to 79.0.3945.88 for Windows, Mac, and Linux, which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.

A list of all changes is available in the log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.

Security Fixes and Rewards

Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.

This update includes 1 security fix. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.

[$N/A][1031653] High CVE-2019-13767: Use after free in media picker. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2019-12-06

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Chrome latest version for Android was also released yesterday.
Just checked and not updated yet though on my own Android phone but, I use another browser as default.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Hi,

I recently returned to Chrome, because Edge-Chromium did not work well with Elementor plug-in (point and click basic blocks, could not be selected, selected advanced templates and pages worked). So I noticed that it had an interesting Site Settings (ar least Edge-chromium did not have it) called "File Editing". In the past it was not possible to manipulate the build Access Control Lists of Chrome, but now you can block websites accessing your files.

1576852045124.png

Also a new privacy option has been added (well at least for me returning to Chrome) to prevent misuse of prefetch reqests (lowest, second option).
1576852469141.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.