Problem Google Chrome default search engine changed...and I can't change it back

OS
MacOS High Sierra
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I did have an issue the other day on Macbook Pro with some malware and I suspect that's when it happened. A new search engine is running my searches on Google Chrome: www.weknow.ac. I have no idea what that is or where it came from. (Forgot to mention that I have run malwarebytes at least 4 times since my incident and it comes back clean everytime.)

I've gone to the settings in my google chrome in an effort to change it, but I can't change the default back to google, and I can't remove this unknown search engine.

If anyone can help me, I would grateful! This is making me bonkers!

Go to Applications. If you see any unfamiliar applications with "weknow" in the title, delete them.

Go to System Preferences, then Profiles. There may be a Device Profile there that you did not add. Click on it and click the minus button to delete it.

After that, go to each affected browser, remove any "weknow" extensions that were added.

Finally, reset each affected browser's settings.

Do one last scan with Malwarebytes for peace of mind.

Let me know if any of these steps don't make sense and I'll add screenshots from my Mac.

Forgot your password?