Solved "Google Chrome Malware Virus Infected rundll32.exe! Please help" same as this persons from 2014

Themerczero

Thread author
Dec 12, 2017
Honestly would just really appreciate the help. i'm stumped. it may not actually be anything but better safe than sorry. malwarebytes says no detected objects, same with the sfc scan, however chrome cleanup tool caused a rundll32 error. my computer was bought used so there may have been something previously wrong with it. honestly just glad a service like this exists, thanks in advance, even if there is nothing actually wrong. overall the problem seems the same as here: SOLVED - Google Chrome Malware Virus Infected rundll32.exe! Please help didn't try the fix listed because on the chance my problem may be different I don't want to cause unnecessary trouble. will most likely check the thread sometime later tonight or tomorrow afternoon, apologies if i'm a bit late. also my apologies for being a bother, but again, thanks in advance. I just really hope that if it is something, it's fixable, with my current financial situation, having to buy a new laptop is the last thing I need.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    38.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Addition.txt
    55.3 KB · Views: 3

Themerczero

Thread author
Dec 12, 2017
and if possible, if a fix cannot be found I would at least like to know if there was a problem at all, it is stressing me out a bit and I could use the peace of mind, sorry for causing you all trouble.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.