Google Ghrome 66.0.3359.170 is now available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
The stable channel has been updated to 66.0.3359.170 for Windows, Mac, and Linux, which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
A list of all changes is available in the log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 4 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
[$TBD][835887] Critical: Chain leading to sandbox escape. Reported by Anonymous on 2018-04-23:
  • [836858] High CVE-2018-6121: Privilege Escalation in extensions.
  • [836141] High CVE-2018-6122: Type confusion in V8.
[$5000][833721] High CVE-2018-6120: Heap buffer overflow in PDFium. Reported by Zhou Aiting(@zhouat1) of Qihoo 360 Vulcan Team on 2018-04-17We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes
  • [841841] Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives

Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Abdul SyedGoogle Chrome
tYwRJmu9ziQ

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks to this update, I just realized that my Chrome has turned 32-bit when it's supposed to be 64-bit. I'm not so sure how this happened.

I think Heimdal PRO is to be blamed. :mad:

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I think Heimdal PRO is to be blamed. :mad:
Wait when you'll have 7zip update, Heimdal installs some '?' on top of it and leaving old around, and when you uninstall old version, you lose 7zip at all, but leaves Heimdals '?' 7zip version which is not functional. Basically for Heimdal update to work effectively, you need to install those programs you are going to use through Heimdals update first (Chrome, Silverlight, 7zip, Java, etc.), because if you don't, you'll have double versions of every updated program. I've seen myself Heimdal fking my programs before with its auto-update, even tho you can disable auto-update and manually install.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Wait when you'll have 7zip update, Heimdal installs some '?' on top of it and leaving old around, and when you uninstall old version, you lose 7zip at all, but leaves Heimdals '?' 7zip version which is not functional. Basically for Heimdal update to work effectively, you need to install those programs you are going to use through Heimdals update first (Chrome, Silverlight, 7zip, Java, etc.), because if you don't, you'll have double versions of every updated program. I've seen myself Heimdal fking my programs before with its auto-update, even tho you can disable auto-update and manually install.
Yes, I noticed that I have 2 entries for 7-Zip (one, latest; the other one, older) in the Control Panel program uninstallation. I always knew this was because of Heimdal messing with the program. (y)

Anyway, even without these problems, I'm already thinking on uninstalling Heimdal. :D

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Yes, I noticed that I have 2 entries for 7-Zip (one, latest; the other one, older) in the Control Panel program uninstallation. I always knew this was because of Heimdal messing with the program. (y)

Anyway, even without these problems, I'm already thinking on uninstalling Heimdal. :D

Are you using Heimdal free or pro?

Reactions: Weebarra and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.