Google is adding a tab grouping feature to Chrome for browser hoarders

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Google is adding a new tab grouping feature to Chrome, the company announced today. I, for one, am extremely excited for it. I can already see how it could help me better organize the dozens of tabs I typically have open at any given time. If you want to try the feature now, Google says it’s available in the latest Chrome Beta and will be rolling out more broadly to the desktop versions of Chrome next week.

Google’s implementation of tab grouping looks pretty clever. You can make a group by right-clicking on one tab and assigning it a custom name and color. Then, you’ll see the color of the group under all of the tabs included in the group. You can also drag tabs from group to group if you want to change how they’re organized.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
A point worth noting is that tab grouping in Chrome will be different from the tab stacking feature bundled in Vivaldi.
Opera has yet another implementation of Tab Grouping (workspaces)

VIVALDI
20200514_112703.gif

CHROME
Chrome_Tab-Groups_In-Line-Image-v7.gif

20200514_120706.gif

OPERA
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2.gif

Last edited:

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Vivaldi's implememtation is much better, along with the tab options that they give as well. The one thing I always hated in most of chromium browsers is the ability to open new tab as last to all tabs. This feature is built in vivaldi and cent browser.

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
in my opinion about the group tabs i think Opera beats both of them ;p well i really love opera group tabs and its easy, on chrome as you can see too big when there are many tabs..

arsenaloyal of course you are a fan of Vivaldi lol

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
in my opinion about the group tabs i think Opera beats both of them ;p well i really love opera group tabs and its easy, on chrome as you can see too big when there are many tabs..

arsenaloyal of course you are a fan of Vivaldi lol

hahah, yes been using Vivaldi since its first beta version, and this coming from a long time Opera user, the clincher as I said was the ability to open new tabs as last tab without having to use any addons and only vivaldi had that feature.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.