Privacy News Google is in under investigation for tracking users' location without permission.

Sana Khan

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 15, 2018
An investigation found that Google services on Android devices track and store your location data even if you turn off your Location History in your privacy settings. Google apps store your exact location data, which is used to target geography-specific advertisement.

Got fed up with Google and their services about a year ago. I no longer use Android, Chrome, or Gmail. Switched to an iPhone, Firefox, and Tutanota/ProtonMail.

Reactions: Sana Khan

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Meh, privacy is a top concern for me, but I'm sure my data has been mined a million times in the past year by thousands of companies. Google would be higher on my trustworthy list compared to some of these Joe blow apps that data mine.

I'm sure something went haywire. Google doesn't need to do tricky practices like Avast. They have the numbers. Think about it.

Good article though and thanks for the share.

Last edited:

Both Facebook and Google are constantly paying fines due to stuff like this, I wouldn't mind if the EU banned them the same way China did.

Facebook and Google aren't the only ones doing it. Microsoft does similar stuff. They just do it differently. For example, the forced telemetry of Windows 10. It is all data collection that the user doesn't want. Data collection is data collection.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Hope the others come under investigation soon too. Data is the 21st centuries new oil.

~LDogg

Computer Pro

Sep 21, 2018
you know if i log in to my google account, a warning appears. THEN IT SHOWS MY LOCATION. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?:emoji_hushed:

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
American spionage services that were developed as part to cooperate with the army, NSA, CIA and freemason owners to spying the Soviets. all Companies and eeuu products are under the power of these government organizations, included the nasa that is an military vigilant magic eye instead a human space science to discover beyond the space, because everyone of the videoshow inside ISS are CGI are shows recorded with the colaboration hollywood, harnesses, hairspray, zero G airplanes, and green screen chroma.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
you know if i log in to my google account, a warning appears. THEN IT SHOWS MY LOCATION. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?:emoji_hushed:
Please elaborate...

In a related matter, I receive an email when I log into my iCloud and Google account on another PC or Mobile device.

Please elaborate...

In a related matter, I receive an email when I log into my iCloud and Google account on another PC or Mobile device.

I wouldn't be surprised if the warning is the suspicious login warning with IP address\geolocation.

Could be spoofed.

Reactions: Ink

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
Good.

They all data collect and invade a user's privacy. Apple products are a bit better in that regard.

The worst is the illegal government dragnet.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.