Advice Request Google plans to hijack Windows 8 by inserting Chrome OS via the Chrome web browser

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
Google-Chrome-Logo-500x500.png

Chrome OS is not taking off as Google might have wanted, but the company is not slowing down on development. To get more people to get into the world of Chrome OS, Google has come up with a rather impressive plan. Apparently, the search giant is working on a version of the Chrome web browser that replicates functions of Chrome OS right inside Windows 8.

According to The Verge, the latest developer version of Chrome browser for Windows 8 can be configured to run in Metro (Modern UI). However, the browser is suffering from several bugs so Metro mode doesn’t perform well enough and there are frequent crashes. More important than that, however, is that this new version of Chrome browser brings to the table Chrome OS design, Chrome app launcher, Google app menu bar and support for windows within windows. In other words, the stepping stones for Chrome OS in Windows 8, and a major coup by Google.

Read More

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hope there's a way to disable these features, already I don't like the Chrome App Launcher or Rich Notifications, Background running of Chrome and many others.

If I wanted a Chrome OS, I would have bought one by now. BTW, HP released a new 11-inch Chromebook

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Meanwhile, Windows phone is not allowed an official YouTube app, or any other google service for that matter.
Keep it classy Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.