Google Searches get redirected to Yahoo Via "Redirecto..." website.

SerialWow

Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
I would also like to add that I tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome with no use. problem still persists.

SerialWow

Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
Update: I added an extension to chrome named "Scriptsafe" and when enabled it stopped this issue from happening by blocking "fast-searcher-ww-v3.com (1)" from running a script. apparently a script is running on my computer somehow.

help is appreciated

thanks in advance

SerialWow

Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
Update:

i tried going to registery local machine > > internet settings >> and removing the permission of an unknown user that was registered there.

while i was able to remove the permission user, the problem still persists.

tried TDSSKiller also but it didnt detect any threat

tried adwcleaner, detected some problems with chrome search associations clicked clean and restarted the computer.

still didnt work.

this is really frustrating, i have never faced this kind of problem.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
adwcleaner_new.png
Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on
    adwcleaner_new.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Your PC should reboot now.
  • After reboot, logfile will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

Note: Reports will be saved in your system partition, usually at C:\Adwcleaner

SerialWow

Thread author
Jul 17, 2017

SerialWow

Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
it is only happening in chrome, and as i said i already uninstalled it and reinstalled it but the problem still persists.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.