Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Ever been in a foreign country with no idea what a sign says? Google Translate now lets you snap a picture of it, and then translate the text.

gsmarena_001.jpg

This is a great timesaver as it doesn’t need you to enter in the text to translate manually.

The app runs on Android versions 2.3 and up, and allows you to select exactly what you would like translated. This is especially convenient if there is a large amount of text on the page, or more than one language in the image.

Unfortunately, you have to specify which language you want translated (autodetect doesn’t work in camera mode), and not all 64 languages supported by Google Translate can use the new camera translate feature. Also, if you exit out of the camera translate interface, it doesn’t retain the image you just took and makes you start all over. Hopefully, this will be fixed in the next patch.

Either way, it had no problems with translating the Polish language description on our Intel processor box. You can find Google Translate for Android in the Play Store here.

Source: blog.gsmarena.com/google-translate-now-translates-images-too/

Really good for time saving. It also helps to avoid the spelling mistakes when copying text.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I have tested this, it was really awesome. But only few languages are supported.

The source above listed Polish, I also found that Czech and Dutch are also supported and as always, I was lazy to see which of the rest is supported. :p

When you choose a language that is supported, you will see a camera icon at the bottom of the screen, just click there. I am trying to translate Polish into English, Website used was safegroup.pl

oTZvo.png

Then half of the screen will be showing the camera, just make the camera look at the text you want and click on the camera button that you will find at the bottom of the screen or the bottom right, depending on its orientation.

Then it will ask you the text that you want to highlight, you will highlight the text by "striking out" that text and wait for it to translate.

OLJGC.png

Hope it will be usable in exams. :p

Edit: Some times it may make annoying mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.