Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Google

POSTED BY: LATE O'CLOCK NEWS MAY 12, 2015

After Moody’s Investor Service downgraded Trinidad and Tobago’s rating, Google has been disappointed in Trinidad and Tobago, a nation it has gotten involved with due to a 2013 email scandal. Google sees TnT as country with great potential that is being wasted. Google is considering buying the twin island republic for about $30bUSD to run its affairs more efficiently and reap the benefits for themselves.

Google CEO, Larry Page, said the company is disappointed most of all by Trinidad and Tobago’s lack of initiative. “It’s crazy. The country has so much oil, so many engineering and computer science graduates, so much international cultural capital, yet they have invented nothing to help with their traffic problem, they still use typewriters in licensing offices, and they don’t mass produce steelpans even though the entire world LOVES that #####ing thing! I heard some people even still use Blackberry phones. It would be an injustice for us to sit back and let this laziness persist.”

Page continued. “For those who know their history, there was a time the US considered annexing the entire Caribbean to itself, but it thought better of it because we didn’t want to give you all full citizenship to migrate to our shores. We clearly made the wrong decision because you all still flood our nation in droves anyway. Since colonialism is no longer morally acceptable, we will go the good old capitalist route and just buy you out on behalf of our great nation.”

Google does not think running the nation would be much of a hassle even though it would be their highest grossing acquisition to date. “We bought Motorolla for $12.5bUSD, I think getting TnT – an entire country – for $30bUSD is a sweet deal. Running the country may be a challenge but nothing our interns can’t handle. If for some reason TnT doesn’t bring the profits we think it should, we’ll just sell it to Samsung or Iceland or maybe even Massy Group, since they’ve been trying to take over the country for years. However, we don’t expect to have to sell, as we believe Trinidad & Tobago could be a real moneymaker if properly managed.”

According to Page, most of his information about the financial potential of Trinidad and Tobago came to them from Jack Warner.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This (somehow) feels far less intimidating than swallowing up smaller successful companies, and taking the helm for their popular sites & apps. This even feels somewhat benevolent.o_O

They could even change the Island's name to "Googl-idad & Chrome-bago"!:p:D
*I am only joking.;) ..and wouldn't wish any fellow Trinidad and Tobago members to :eek:skin this gentle Cat!:D

Last edited:

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
What the hell is this guys' problem? Isn't what he's suggesting exactly how the British Empire came to be? Page has always been the less attractive end of a horse, and this just further proves it.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
That's apparently a satire website, guys.

It would have to be. Anyone who took even a single look at that site has to realize it's a bunch of crap. I could point out one of the articles on there that are way out there.

Indeed G$$gle is going in for the "welfare" of the country!What a load of bollocks!!

We both know, as well as many others, that Google only does something to get more money. Them helping a country? Hilarious. And a corporation buying a country? Something wrong with that. You can't just buy a country in my opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Just a neo-colonialist that think that he knows better that the people living there. I'm proud of my Vietnamese origin even if i'm a French citizen. They kicked both invaders in a memorable way. This guy should be kicked too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.