Google wants you to imagine a future without passwords

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
On the first Thursday of every May, "World Password Day" is celebrated annually to promote password management and cybersecurity practices in general. We already know that some organizations such as Microsoft want you to reduce dependency on passwords, but today, Google has announced a similar goal in a blog post titled "A simpler and safer future - without passwords".

Google says that password management is a difficult process and even though it is recommended to keep long and complex passwords, this inevitably results in people sharing passwords across different websites. This essentially acts as a single point of failure where a compromise of one website's system means that all your accounts are under threat. To that end, the company is continuously investing in tools which make it easier to manage passwords right now, and eradicate them altogether in the future.

The rest on the source

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Imagine all the passwords
It isn't hard to do ♫ ♬
Imagine there's no malware
It's easy if you try
You don't need antivirus
Above us only common sense
Imagine all the people
Being hacked every day... Aha-ah...

Imagine there're no antivirus
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to hate or comment for
And no VPNs, too
Imagine all the people
Living life without forums... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need to protect your data
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us (at Google)
And the world will live as one

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.