LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
National security is at risk, Google tells the US govt
Huawei is currently developing its own operating system replace Android and Windows following the US government ban that forbids it from working with American companies.

And while this is pretty much the only way to go for Huawei given it’s no longer allowed to use Android, Google now warns that the Chinese company building its own OS could eventually affect national security.
A report from the Financial Times reveals that Google parent company Alphabet warned that the executive order signed by President Trump in May no longer allows the search giant to release Android patches to Huawei devices.
As a result, Huawei must build its own fork of Android, which would leave the door open to hackers because the Chinese firm doesn’t have the necessary know-how and tech to secure the platform against cyberattacks.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Seems to me Google wants its cake & eat it too - Can't see that Huawei has much choice in the matter? I have spent a fair amount of time over the pond & have had a lovely Texan partner, but I do feel they have a ever so slightly paranoid view of the rest of the world, just maybe? :eek:

• +Reputation
Reactions: ZeroDay and upnorth

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Google began to feel worried that it would lose it is android control as hawawi may success to survive without android support from google
it will be a big slap to google and will create anew competitor to it beside IOS OS
it will has its stand alone OS and hardware
Google business may has a big damage too

• +Reputation
Reactions: ZeroDay

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.