Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Google has added twelve games to Google+, including the ubiquitous Angry Birds and Zynga Poker, as a new Google+ Games service.

However, to play them, users need to give permission to the app to view a variety of personal information, including the user's email address, "basic information about your account," and even a list of people that you have placed in your Circles, with the order or priority of them.

Games is being rolled out today, and will be available to all users "soon," Google said.

Google+ has quietly amassed over 25 million users, and industry watchers suspected that Google would launch a Games service soon to compete with Facebook, which has developed an online platform for social gaming with Zynga and others. Zynga is part of the Google+ Games service, with Zynga Poker.

Read More

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just as bad as Facebook, if not worse. Looks like I will be sticking with Chrome with Apps and Facebook.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The idea is good,not original but.....There will be a ton a people who will play Angry Birds(and other games) on Google+ . I know people who are on Facebook just to play Farmville or Millionaire City... ;)
However, to play them, users need to give permission to the app to view a variety of personal information
It's always the same...........Why on earth do they need access to my personal info........BTW if you didn't know Facebook recently violated user privacy again by sharing the phone numbers of its users to their friends...
This is what Facebook had to say - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/12/facebook_contact_list_stirs_rumour_pot/

Quick tip : Call your friends and meet somewhere ..This social networks always manage to find a way to invade your privacy...... ;)

I

illumination

Jack said:

Quick tip : Call your friends and meet somewhere ..This social networks always manage to find a way to invade your privacy...... ;)

I have found with the social sites, if you do not place your personal information on them, they cannot share it ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Angry Birds that's the most famous game so far(surely users will play it). Yet users will just experience another social networking which same as Facebook but its Google+.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Well Angry Birds that's the most famous game so far(surely users will play it).

Yep,I have it as an app for my browser. :) Neat.not a very original idea since I've played a ton of games based on the same concept but still entreating enough :D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 498

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Facebook was originally a social-networking site, whereas Google is much more than that. Think about who and what Google should share you data with.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
I have found with the social sites, if you do not place your personal information on them, they cannot share it ;)

Precisely why I don't belong to any of them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.