Serious Discussion What’s in your Junk Mail folder? (Mega Thread)

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
DR. GREG THAMBO said:
EMAIL: <email censored for MT>
<Adress censored for MT>
SOUTH AFRICA

ATTENTION: (CEO).

DEAR SIR/MADAM

My name is DR. GREG THAMBO; I am a senior government official in the department of works and housing of the Republic of South Africa and the chairman of the board in charge of the award, execution and supervision of all contracts in the Ministry of works and Housing. In 2007, I personally monitored and supervised the award of contracts for the supply of building materials and construction of ultra modern shopping complexes and medium / low cost housing units in the Eastern Cape, North and Eastern areas of the Natal province.

Myself and two of my colleagues, serving in the board, deliberately inflated and over invoiced the contract sum, leaving an excess of US$80,500,000.00 (Eighty million five hundred thousand United States dollars). At the completion of the contract, the real contract sum was paid to the original contractors, leaving the excess, which we reported to the federal Government that it belonged to the sub-contractor that handled part of the original contract. But the company we submitted as the beneficiary was a non-existing foreign company, which was a purported attempt by us to divert the money for our private use. I do not intend to mince words with you, I have to tell you the truth; this is a deal but it is 100% risk-free and genuine because the contract has been perfectly and genuinely executed and completed. It depends on whether you are interested or not.

Right now this amount is due for payment and is floating in the treasury not attached to anyone/company. We are only three people who know the origin of this fund. But we cannot claim it by ourselves because we are civil servants therefore we are looking for a trustworthy foreign company / individual whose name we can use to claim the money.

This is strictly a business deal, but it is 100% risk-free and secure because we will use our official positions to source all the necessary approvals to reflect that You/your Company genuinely executed and completed the contract. All necessary arrangements have been put in place in all the relevant departments for immediate approval of this payment.

For your co-operation, we have agreed to offer you 25 % of the entire amount on conclusion of the transaction while 75% will be for us. Please if you are interested in this proposal, I want you to respond immediately for further information and directives by using this Email Address: <email censored for MT>

This transaction is expected to be completed within 14 working days and is highly confidential and discreet.

Thank you for your co-operation. Your urgent reply is awaited.

Best Regards,

DR. GREG THAMBO

1) I am not a CEO I am a teenager.
2) I live in America why would I care about anything that happens in South Africa unless it was a natural disaster.
3) Why would I care about something that happened five years ago.
4) Why would you have an excess of over 80 Million dollars.
5) Wouldn't it be right if you were in South Africa to put the currency in South African Rands?
6) And why spell the amount out, do you think I'm stupid?
7) I have no idea what purported means but I know something in that statement was illegal.
8) 100% risk-free more like 100% risky.
9) "floating in treasury" I thought you said you had it for private use.
10) "company / individual whose name we can use to claim the money." hey wait you want my name?
11) "we have agreed to offer you 25 % of the entire amount" Hold it I want more :D

Want to know the irony?
I watched Malware Geek's video www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=-xCaHjZdBGw earlier TODAY!!!

Edited: Changed the title from 419 scam to scam.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
RE: Got a 419 scam in my junk mail box.

Delete all this spam,
Mark the email id as spammer on your service provider checklist.
That is enough
Its now usual at every email which circulates on forums and blogs.

;)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
The spam I get is from Ashampoo. :D

ashampoo known for spam your email but fraud emails are not sent by ashampoo

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

You can always scam the scammers.
A site i have frequented for some years :)
If you don't wanna join there's some good reading here.
Enjoy!

footdown5ub.gif

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011

I love Nigeria letters, makes me laugh every time.
I once got one from Sadam Husseins widdow :)

Reactions: brambedkar59

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

You should reply just for the fun of it and see what they have to say to it :D

D

Deleted member 178

After they will try to meet you in real to give you the feeling it is trustworthy, the guy will appears in high brand suits with bodyguards.
After checking your credulity, he will ask a small fee contribution (around 200usd) to make series of transfers; into a fake bank account opened at your name, with fake phone redirected to a fake office with a fake receptionist; of course you can't transfer the money to your real bank until all is done because if you do, "you will give evidence of the treachery, ruin the whole operation, lost money invested and put your life in risk"

Then they renew the fee's demand multiple times with fake transfer's receipts sent by a fake email from the fake bank, until you decide to stop...saw on tv a guy that lost 15 000$ by believing them.

P

Plexx

Over 50k GBP in UK thanks to this type of scamming

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

Recent one i received, think i'll try and help her out (NOT!) :)
Received from IP: 212.52.153.217 (Probably Nigeria )

------------------------------------------------------

Dearest One,

I am Madam Alimata Raja I am a widow being that I lost my husband,my husband Late Mr Raja Sule was a serving director of the Cocoa exporting board until his death. He was assassinated by the rebels following the political uprising, before his death he made a deposit of Six Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($6,500,000.00USD) here in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso in one of the Security Company,he intended to buy a Cocoa processing Machine with the fund.I want you to help me for us to retreive this fund and transfer it to your account in your country or any safer place as you will be the beneficiary and recipient of the fund which we will use for joint investment in your country.I have plans to do investment in your country, like real estate and industrial production. This is my reason for writing to you. Please if you are willing to assist me and my only Daughter Linda Raja ,indicate your interest by replying urgently
Thanks and best regards .
Madam Alimata Raja

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

Thought i would give you a glance at one of my 'catcher' e-mail accounts. This is a very small selection from just one week's junk mail.
I think i'll cherry pick some and have some fun with some :D

hR3V7.png

footdown5ub.gif

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

Umaru Bongo has contacted me before :mad:

Dear Friend,
I am indeed glad to be in contact with you even though this medium of
communication (internet) has been grossly abused by criminal minded people
making it difficult for people with genuine message to correspond and exchange
views without skepticism.

My name is Mr.Umaru Bongo from Gabon second SON of late president of Gabon
Omar Bongo now residing in South Africa with my wife and my daughter as a
result of political problem in my country and also a family problems between I
and my senior brother Ali Ben Bongo who is now the current president of my
country Gabon. I have $12 Million Dollars to transfer into your account
deposited in a security company here in South Africa. I will offer you 30% if
you are interested to work with me contact me at
bongo.umaru@yahoo.co.za for more details on how we should proceed.

Thanks and God bless.
Sincerely,
Mr.Bongo

below pic the alleged deceased man :dodgy:

200968162124196195_5.jpg

Please view this
website:http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2009/06/200968162249511307.html

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011

Hey,

It was great meeting you the other day!

Remember I told you about this amazing new website where you can buy Youtube views and comments called Gigbucks.com

Please call me on 214-200-2304 if you have any questions.

Let me know what you think of it, I think it's a pretty cool business model, don't you agree?

Take care, Jeff
Acknowledge

I have a mutual business proposal of mutual interest to share with you;
it involves the transfer of a large sum of money. I got your reference in
my search for someone who suits my proposed business relationship. If
you are interested in working with me contact me through my
private email (wongpeter27@yahoo.cn) for further details,
your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Best Regard,
Mr.Peter Wong
Email: wongpeter27@yahoo.cn
Business Proposal- Please contact leejaehyuk76@yahoo.com.hk for details
Dear Sir/Madam,
This is Rela from Milesight Technology which is a professional network camera manufacturer in China.
We are providing HD and Full HD network cameras supporting H.264, dual stream, PoE, WIFI, PTZ, infrared, motion detection, privacy mask,etc. All our cameras are compatible with Onvif and PSIA. You can get more from us!
Why us?
1. Our products are with high quality and competitive price
2. Excellent services and lifetime technical support will be offered
3. We have a strong R&D team for products development and innovation
4. We always keep our promises for customers

If any further information needed, please do not hesitate to reply to my email or visit our website. Waiting for your reply~

If you would like to receive our newsletters to get more idea of our products. please click Subscribe
Don't want to receive these newsletters anymore. please click Unsubscribe
We are still expecting your details and a call from you so that we can finalize your delivery.

Information required are stated below;

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS :
TELEPHONE NUMBER :

This package is being sent to you from the European Financial Authorities as a highly classified package,so you should attend to this case promptly.You have to Confirm if you wish to come to Italy for pickup of your cash or if you want us to deliver to you in your location.

Attached in this mail is a copy of the photo evidence during packaging.Endeavour to keep all evidence regarding your package safely to avoid double claim.

Looking forward to a prompt response from you.

Maria Bazzini
For: Antonio Bonelli
(Delivery Sup. Agenzia)
Tel: +39 327 386 4289
Greetings, I am Mrs . Asma al-Assad, first lady of Syria.

The wife of Syria President Bashar al Assad, I have a proposal for you If
you know you can do this, contact me via my private email box so that I can furnish you with more details
but if my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I
ever contacted you. I await your reply,

Regards,
Mrs. Asma al-Assad
Acknowledge

I have a mutual business proposal of mutual interest to share with you;
it involves the transfer of a large sum of money. I got your reference in
my search for someone who suits my proposed business relationship. If
you are interested in working with me contact me through my
private email (wongpeter27@yahoo.cn) for further details,
your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Best Regard,
Mr.Peter Wong
Email: wongpeter27@yahoo.cn
Greetings, I am Mrs . Asma al-Assad, first lady of Syria.

The wife of Syria President Bashar al Assad, I have a proposal for you If
you know you can do this, contact me via my private email box so that I can furnish you with more details
but if my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I
ever contacted you. I await your reply,

Regards,
Mrs. Asma al-Assad
Dear Colleague,

Recently you were selected as an inductee into the National Supplier Registration (NSR) for Executives and Professionals. This selection was based on our research committees efforts to identify top professionals around the globe. In the workplace it isn't what you know, it's who you know...and who knows you. Social and business networking is the modern standard in developing relationships throughout the world. The potential for recognition and building networks within a community of 1,000,000 working professionals in numerous fields on a global scale is unlimited.

Consider this: if you make just one contact using the connections and visibility that NSR provides, it will benefit you for a lifetime. As we are trying to build a comprehensive network of business professionals, there is no cost for your inclusion. Please click the link below to fill out your basic listing. Our community needs you as much as you need it.

It is professional, accomplished individuals like yourself that allows us to offer the visibility and advertising potential that we do. Again, we do require additional information to complete the selection process and kindly ask that you access this form on our website.

Join here: www.nationalsupplierregistration.com

Sincerely,

Eddie Graves
Director
Hello,

my name is Anna Delonis, I am working for the social advertising portal at http://www.linknami.com

I found your website while browsing interesting websites and blogs and would like to ask if you are interested in earning money with your website by writing reviews about other sites, products and services that are relevant to your website topics.

You can also earn money with your twitter and facebook profiles just by posting interesting and relevent messages to your followers, friends and fans.

Linknami offers one of the highest payout structures in the industry with up to 90% commission payout to publishers (industry standard 50), earnings can be withdrawn any time via paypal, moneybookers, check or wire and you are not limited to certain payout periods.

Alternatively, if your website or social profile is not ready to be monetized yet, Linknami also offers free tools that allow you to promote your website like guest blogging on niche relevant blogs and get contextual one way links from relevant websites in a completely search-engine-friendly way.
If you are lacking content, you can add your website and browse our catalog of unique guest articles that have never been published before or wait until you receive new article publishing requests.

If you are interested in earning money and/or using the free tools to promote your website now or in the future, just signup at http://www.linknami.com and add your website details in the user area. You can manage all your websites and social profiles from one central user interface.

If you are not interested in earning money or promoting your website for free, I would like to apologise for taking your time reading this message.

If you need any further information regarding the Linknami tools or if you have any questions regarding setup, do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Kind regards,

Anna
-----------------------------
This is NOT a mailing list, but in any case, if you do not wish to receive any further communications from me anymore, please simply reply with "remove" in the subject line.
-----------------------------
Hi,

My name is Amanda and I'm a SEO expert and the webmaster of iSEO Market

I have selection of websites well maintained that can be suitable
to vmancer.com in SEO terms; topic, page rank, content and more.

I have few web-solution suggestions for you and I would like to tell you more
about them. If you are interested, I'll be more than happy to send you
the additional information and elaborate how I can assist your site achieve
higher rankings & traffic.

Thanks,

Amanda Silver
amanda.silver@iseomarket.com
iSEOmarket.com
Hi,

I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Lauren Crawford,
very nice to meet you. I work as a SEO manager for UK SERP.

I'm making a research for one of my partners and while doing so
I noticed vmancer.com and I have few interesting suggestions for you
and I would like to tell you more about them.

As a SEO expert I personally maintain quality sites that can
match and help your site to gain higher rankings & traffic.

If you are interested I will be happy to send the additional information
and all the details needed to make it happen.

Thank you very much,

Lauren Crawford
My Linked in Profile
UKSERP.com
Hi,

My name is Nicole White and I would really love to tell you how vmancer.com
can rank even better in Google.

I'm a SEO expert working at SEO Auditions and while doing
a research for some of my colleagues I found your email address and
decided to contact you immediately.

If you are interested I will be happy to send the additional information
and all the details needed to make it happen.

Thanks a lot,

Nicole
SEOauditions.com
┠代┨┠开┨ ┠发┨ ··· ┠票┨ 如 下 :╭⌒╮
╭⌒╮【商★品★销★售】【运★输】【租★赁】【酒★店】【建★筑】⌒╮

︶︶【广-告】【定-额】【服-务】【增-值】【等等. .】︶ ~
╭⌒
如有业务需要请联系/电话:l3530423188
''~ Q Q:383751141⌒╮杨小姐
︶︶
註:點數優惠,真實有效!可以驗證後付
Dear Sir/Madam

We are a USA based import/export company with offices in several countries in the world and with a large clientele. We have some of our clients who are interested in your products. Please view the attachment to see our sample specification.

We would like you to reply us with the following information on the products you have for sale : Price, Delivery time, Payment terms warranty Looking forward to your reply CEO/Managing Director VAN SHIPING Imports & Export Montreal USA.

Here is my Email: ericdonason40yahoo.com

BEST REGARDS.

Mr. Eric Donason

I can post more :)

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
Mrs. Dagmar Rodriguez said:
Mrs. Dagmar Rodriguez
Director of Information 2012 london Olympic Promotional Draw
One Churchill Place Canary Wharf - London E14 5LN.U.K.

Attention: Dear Winner,
This is to inform you that London 2012 summer Olympic awareness and promotion company and London 2012 summer Olympics Organizing Committee (LSOOC) here in London (U.K) has held an Internet Raffle Draw today among all internet email users around the globe and your email address was among the 10,000,000.00 (Ten million) email addresses that was randomly picked by the computer during the Second Quarter Raffle Draw in conjunction with Microsoft (SQRD).

We are therefore with great pleasure to notify you that your email address happened to come out top number (6) out of the 10,000,000.00. (Ten million) email addresses on the final email ballot draw.
Please note that this has made you the jackpot winner of £1,000,000.00 (One Million British Pounds Sterling Only) and free entrance tickets to watch the games live in London.

Participant’s email addresses were sorted globally (Powered by Microsoft) from companies, individuals, Government's agencies, co-operate bodies, charity homes etc and computed “RANDOMLY" via E-sorting balloting to select respective winners around the globe.
Be aware that this Internet Raffle Draw (IRD) was organized by London 2012 summer Olympic awareness and Promotion Company and London 2012 summer Olympics Organizing Committee (LSOOC) to create awareness to the world as England is finalizing their preparation for the hosting of the 2012 summer Olympics.

BELOW ARE YOUR WINNING DETAILS, YOU ARE ALSO TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BELOW TO DR. ADAMS TERRY FOR DOCUMENTATION.
COMPUTER DRAW NUMBER: 177
FINAL JACKPOT NUMBER: 0001
WINNING INSURANCE POLICY NUMBER: JJA23UK
REFERENCE NUMBER: EAASL/941OY1/04
BATCH NUMBER: 12/27/Du34

YOUR FULL NAME:……………………………………….
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:……………………………………….
DIRECT CONTACT NUMBERS:……………………………………….

Your Fund have be deposited with our correspondent Paying Bank (HSBC BANK LONDON) and insured with your name for security reasons you are advised to please keep your winning details very confidential from the members of the public to avoid double claim as your winning payment will be cancelled should Two (2) claims be submitted under the above specified winning details,This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming or unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements.

Please note claiming offices have been appointed in strategic areas around the world to help and ensure an easy and immediate claim to our entire lucky winner's. We have checked your location and your claiming falls under group B.
You are to call and forward you’re winning details to Dr. Adams Terry in London (The south-east corner of London) United Kingdom to enable him clear your file for immediate payment.

Contact person: Dr. Adams Terry
Tel : XX XX XXX XXX XXXX <Contact credentials removed for MT>
Fax : XX XX XXX XXX XXXX <Contact credentials removed for MT>
E-mail : <Contact credentials removed for MT>

Visit: <website removed for MT>
Congratulation from DR. MEYER SMUT
(Director )London 2012 summer Olympics Committee.
All rights reserved. Terms of Service – Guideline

1) Strange I didn't think I entered into something.
2) How would they have received my email?
3) And why put a .00 and spell it out.
4) What computer? If I were doing a raffle I would do a random.org draw or something.
5) Alright it is good to know I am #6...
6) Oh, now I don't want the prize I want it in US dollars.
7) I'm not a sports person but hasn't the Olympics already started?
8) "Internet Raffle Draw (IRD)" I thought that they said they got it from "the computer".
9) "Your Fund have be deposited with our correspondent Paying Bank" a lot of grammar mistakes there.
10) Seems like an international number.
11) So many names: DR. MEYER SMUT, Mrs. Dagmar Rodriguez, Dr. Adams Terry.

And the killer of this scam is I went into my inbox when I saw more scams on this thread!!! :lolz:

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
What a wonderful day!!
I have just found out I have won a car.
It's truly a miracle, because i never enter any competitions :D

O5MZt.png

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Wow! Not only a free car, (even though it is only a 2011...) but also a sizable cash prize, free insurance, and free repairs for a year!

I'd jump right on that!

Malware Maniac

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2012
Is it me or does this seem to be an apartment complex.
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=22+garden+close+stamford&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x4877897694949e5f:0xf90a3b961aa8a84e,22+Garden+Close,+Stamford+PE9+2YP,+UK&gl=us&mid=1346523732

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Whoopee Do!!!
I'm Rich beyond my wildest dreams, Thankyou Lord!
3ELwp.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

This mail is to inform you of your registered package.CONTENT: Bank Draft of $850, 000.00 USD registered by an Official of the United Nation. The Fund is a donation to you from the U.N through e-mails balloting in affiliation with commonwealth poverty eradication program.For your information the VAT and COD have been paid and the only money you will have to pay is the security keeping fee which is $185.00. Payment of $185 must be paid before shipment. Do contact the FedEx with your

Names:
Delivery Address:

Contact FedEx Delivery Department Mr. Phillip Nelson for
shipment. Telephone: +2348122361577

Copyright © 2012 FedEx! Inc. All rights reserved.

Better act fast eh? :dodgy:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.