Solved Greetings mavens and gurus of computer how to .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundpost

Thread author
Sep 21, 2012
Okay -- geez variety newbie with little beyond routine understanding of the ins and outs. I am very tired of having to wait a half hour past my bedtime for my computer to shut off so java can force its updates down my throat. Or, if I manage to do the log off, then use the little red icon shutdown menu, it tries to stick itself in my way first thing in the morning when I turn the box back on. I've of course tried to remove all itemized java programs through the usual my computer or control panel uninstall options .... and Oracle merely laughs, waves a single digit and I'm simply punked.

Can anyone steer me through a step by step means of killing this little nuisance once and for all? Thanks for considering my request.:to_become_senile:

soundpost

Thread author
Sep 21, 2012
Littlebits said:
To disable Java Update- http://java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

Welcome to our site.:D

Littlebits -- thanks a bunch. Was very easy; like many things, you can do it if you know how. Take care and cheers

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.