Advice Request Grindisoft Anti-Malware any good?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
As the subject states is; Grindisoft Anti-Malware any good? as a on demand scanner (disabled real time)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Never heard of this company so i would not put a lot of hope onto it. Also, i see this company is new to IT security so their database definitely terrible, and Malwarebytes can do ways better.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is not free.$30 USD for a six month license is way too much
I think you must pay for removal if it finds anything.Similar to HMP
A lot of FP's!!! I would consider Herd Protect over this considering the FP rate
IMO there are better on demand options
It has been my experience that if the name is bad,in this case Grindisoft,the program is probably bad :D
If I were to pay for an Antimalware solution it would be Emsisoft good pricing and superior customer service.
Nothing wrong with trying it out though

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Quote from the site (FAQ > Is the GridinSoft AntiMalware freeware or shareware?)
"Please be aware, that trial version can find threats, but cannot remove them if there were more than two threats found. In such case, you can ask us for the free trial key."
I have to ask them for a trial key? Why don't they just simply give it to the user? After all, it is a trial.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Quote from the site (FAQ > Is the GridinSoft AntiMalware freeware or shareware?)
"Please be aware, that trial version can find threats, but cannot remove them if there were more than two threats found. In such case, you can ask us for the free trial key."
I have to ask them for a trial key? Why don't they just simply give it to the user? After all, it is a trial.
I would assume to get you to buck up for a license.Many complaints on this very same question.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I never heard of this product until last night while I was surfing looking at anti-malware products.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.